TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Ad Agency Exec Says Bubble 2.0 Won't Burst...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...during the dot com bubble many ad agency execs and market analysts also said that Internet bubble wouldn't burst - fools!

Quote: In my last column, I weighed in on the debate about whether or not the Internet economy has created a bubble that will burst like 2000/1. I felt compelled to respond to Mark Simon's column speculating that we're heading towards a "doomsday scenario" in which Google misses badly on earnings, leading to a stock sell-off and the ripple effect of advertisers pulling online ad budget.

Ultimately, I pointed to a commitment to use experience by today's Internet power players as the major reason why we're not going to see the industry flame out as it did in the early 2000's.

full article: http://publications.mediapost.com/index....leHomePage&art_aid=70142

Quote:Back in the early 2000's the top Web players had not yet found sustainable business models.

Forward to 2007 and top Internet players like YouTube, MySpace, Digg, etc are relying on the same ad supported business model that proved unsustainable during the dot com era. :Smile

Quote:a commitment to user experience by today's Internet power players

The "Internet power players have made their websites virtually unusable for the 15% of Internet users (23% of home users) still on dialup.