TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: CI Host's Chicago Co-location Center Suffers 4th Armed Robbery in 2 Years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:The recent armed robbery of a Chicago-based co-location facility has customers hopping mad after learning it was at least the fourth forced intrusion in two years. They want to know how C I Host, an operator that vaunts the security of its data centers, could allow the same one to be penetrated so many times.

"I can't believe a datacenter has been broken into that many times," said Nick Krapf, president of Bloodservers.com, a startup game hosting provider, who said $15,000 worth of Dell servers were stolen in the October 2 heist. "What do you got to do to secure your facility for it not to happen? We're pulling all our equipment from all their other facilities."...

full article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/02/..._breaches/

Note: CI Host was the first company we rented a server from in 1998 - we changed hosts after less than 2 months due to frequent downtime, "24/7 support" that was unreachable at night and weekends, and several other problems.  Almost a decade later and I'm still pissed.  Angryfire (After CI Host we rented 2 dedicated servers at ServInt)
Quote:"I can't believe a datacenter has been broken into that many times,"

:ditto:

Quote:4th Armed Robbery in 2 Years

:blinkie:
Quote:CI Host was the first company we rented a server from in 1998

*spit* *spit* *spit* *spit* *spit* *spit* *spit* *spit* *spit*
Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire  Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=16800.msg66102#msg66102 date=1194325349]
Quote:CI Host was the first company we rented a server from in 1998

Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire  Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire

[/quote]

Try some meditation........... Big Grin