TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Pheebay & Hibidder, united bashing of OAI sites and sellers--and the gated P.E.A.C.E. connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
So it's about time I posted back here as I said I would. Has anyone been watching the site wars at PSU as of late? Have you noticed a few Hibidder threads where posts have been deleted at the request of HB mods? Have you seen the amount of threads that have been locked down that pertain to HB over the past year?

Well it gets even better, take a look at the link below:

http://www.pheebay.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=109

Can you see it without registering at the site? Well at the time of this posting the threads in that link are only viewable if you are logged into Pheebay. below is a sample of the statements that the Pheebay owner Graham (posting ID sunray) is making.

Quote:Of course I would never say anything like this in any other forum. 

But rest assured, next time you or any of your friends start another negative thread aimed at trashing sites via search engine crawlers and lamely justified as 'free speech' you will be offered the chance to explain your motivation and justification here in the dustbin. Because we too have the right to free speech.

You managed to keep your foul mouth shut for about 24 hours here. Can you beat that record?

Very respectable Graham!!! Now don't get me wrong but understand that the statement above was directed at Mo, the owner of Plunderhere, but this was a planned effort on the part of Pheebay and Hibidder to sort of take the pressure off Hibidder. The lack of respect for customers that has been seen on the part of Hibidder as of late in PSU was the pressure I am talking about. The personal vendetta against Mo from both Hibidder and Pheebay has resulted in a personal attack against individual online sellers as well. But take a look for yourself and make your own judgements.

Let the Truth be Told
More info on HiBidder's owner Wholesale Autos of Idaho:

http://boise.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=17&bbb=1056&firm=5005204

Quote:Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record
BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory  record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the BBB is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern

Well congratulations are in order....a link to this thread has made it into Graham's Rubbish Bin.

Two posters seem to find Truth's ID a bit amusing and imply he's not telling the whole story.  Well, I'm not sure which part they think is inaccurate since, as usual, they only implied something was untrue but failed to back it up with anything of substance.

They also seem to think Truth should have mentioned Mo called them "balless bas!ards".  Yep she did.  No big secret there.  She repeated it on PSU.  Was she justified in saying it?  Personally, I think she was seeing as this group has done nothing but bash her repeatedly and now they've chosen to hide their antics away in a private little bashing room.  So I agree wholeheartedly with her assessment of them.

I also think Graham hid this little bashing forum as a ploy to recruit new members.  So if anyone wants to know what's really being said over there, but doesn't want to join...just let me know.  I have screenshots of the entire thread.  Toothy2

Now if you'll excuse me, I feel the need to go take a long hot shower.  I get that feeling every time I visit that place.
Quote:Mo called them "balless bas!ards"

She can kiss her chances of ever getting a job at Microsoft goodbye if she continues to use mild language like that when describing her competitors. :twistedevil:

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer Wrote:"Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy. I'm going to fucking bury that guy, I have done it before, and I will do it again. I'm going to fucking kill Google."
My main selling channel is my websites but I'm looking for "alternative venues" to use primarily as marketing channels--i.e. for customer acquisition (I don't do eBay so don't even suggest it).  Smile

I'd gladly add HiBidder to the list of venues I sell on if its owner could tell me what his site has to offer that my current and planned alternative venues (see list below) don't offer (hint: I'm a full time seller not a part time/hobby seller--I'm interested in sales and could care less about a venue's friggin' "community forum" or belonging to a "family")

my current alternative venue:
Amazon (monthly fee, free listings, 80+ million customers)

venues I'll be adding in January
Ubid (free listings, 4.5 million customers)
NewEggMall--new venue from NewEgg (1st 6 months free, free listings, NewEgg has 8 million customers)

If HiBidder's owner, or any other phpprobid/rscript site owner, can convince me that their site can offer me more sales than my current/planned alternative venues then I'll gladly join their site. (another hint: if your site's monthly GMV is less than my monthly sales I probably won't be joining your site because if you can't even beat me you're definitely not an alternative to eBay for full time sellers). I expect to be hearing from lots of alternative site owners. Smile

[quote author=amy link=topic=16806.msg66094#msg66094 date=1194297218]
If HiBidder's owner, or any other phpprobid/rscript site owner, can convince me that their site can offer me more sales than my current/planned alternative venues then I'll gladly join their site. (another hint: if your site's monthly GMV is less than my monthly sales I probably won't be joining your site because if you can't even beat me you're definitely not an alternative to eBay for full time sellers). I expect to be hearing from lots of alternative site owners. Smile
[/quote]

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 I feel the same way.  Happy001 Happy001 Happy001

Quote:(hint: I'm a full time seller not a part time/hobby seller--I'm interested in sales and could care less about a venue's friggin' "community forum" or belonging to a "family")

Namely a gated "community forum" as Hibidder is and the dustbin thread is at Pheebay (personal bashing thread where Graham can air his true personality).

Let the Truth be Told
Thought for the day for sellers (stolen from PSU):

2boysandtoys Wrote:Since the auction business is a hobby to him [HiBidder's owner Richie], there is no 'loss' to him if the site fails. To sellers all over who spend their time, energy and effort listing - it's far from a hobby.

A recent history of site owners who regarded their sites as hobbies:

2005- LunarBid closed his hobby site without notice.
2005-BidZig closed his hobby site with a few days notice (no notice on the site, members were still joining 30 minutes before the plug was pulled).  The owner lied about deleting all personal information and data (nothing was deleted - he didn't even delete closed auctions) and used the former members' personal information to spam them about the site's reopening a year later (RayWagglepoop did the exact same thing)
2006(?)-BidUpToday's owner had a child and closed his hobby site because it was taking up too much of his time.

Honorable mention:
GoShopGirl (the inspiration for TT's plum color scheme)- owner walked away from her site (she returned to eBay) without notice in May 2005.  The abandoned site stayed up for another 1 1/2 years until its domain expired late last year.
RiverRat Wrote:Well congratulations are in order....a link to this thread has made it into Graham's Rubbish Bin.

Our server almost crumbled from the huge traffic increase we received. :twistedevil:

Quote:Hits      Referrer
----------------  --------------------
6          0.01%  http://pheebay .com/forums/viewtopic.php
Bad Neighborhood Check

Quote:Pheebay:Total Links found: 8787
Unique Links found: 8489
Questionable Links found: 255
Pages scanned: 40
Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001

Quote:TT: Total Links found: 3164
Unique Links found: 2159
Questionable Links found: 3
Pages scanned: 40
Thumbsup Tool

Let the Truth be Told
Echoes of WP's Floormat Guy.  HB's largest store has 30% of the site's listings and 0 feedback in 8 months.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12