TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay to add Local Search Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:**Making It Easier to Find Items Locally*** 

Hi everyone, I'm Valerie Rozycki. My team and I are focused on making it easier for members to trade locally, which can be a great way to save on shipping costs and time. Currently you can search for items within a specific distance of your ZIP Code by using the Location filter found under Search Options on the left-hand side of search results, or through Advanced Search. And in the next week or so, we'll add a few new tools to help you more easily find items near you.

Recommendations in Search Results
You've probably seen the recommendations we'll show occasionally at the top of search results to help you find more items. For example, if you search on "shirt button" we'll probably show you a message to also try searching on "button" in the Clothing, Shoes & Accessories category. We're now going to add a new recommendation when we think it might be helpful to you to search for your item locally.

This new recommendation will tell you how many items for your search are located near you (you can also see it automatically by including your ZIP Code in your search). Simply click the link if you'd like to narrow down your results to just these items.

New Local page
We're creating a new local page that will give you the ability to quickly search and browse for local items. You can get to it by clicking the new "Search Locally: link that will be added to the Buy hub, or directly there by plugging your ZIP Code into this URL: http://local.shop.ebay.com/ZIP. For example, if I wanted to search for items near our headquarters here in San Jose I'd use http://local.shop.ebay.com/95125.

Sellers - How to make sure your items are appearing in local searches
To make sure your items appear when buyers look for items locally, simply list with your ZIP or postal code in your Item Location. If you don't want your items to appear in local search results, you can opt-out by within your Selling Preferences in My eBay (via My eBay > My Account > Preferences > Selling Preferences).