TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Don't know what to do with my domain name.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's the thing. I have a domain name, but I know longer have the site, because my host went belly up. I would just get another host for the domain, but I moving in another direction. So what do I do? The name of the domain is www.thenetexpo.com I don't know if it is possible, but I would sell it based on what is left on the contract. Is that even possible, I have no idea. :turkey1:
Your name is registered for another year (nov 21, 08) at Godaddy.
You have brown hair , blue eyes and drive a toyota with a bobblehead dog in the back window......  }}JOKEING{{

Sorry, this whois stuff is really detailed. Your domain was first registered in 2004, so that is a selling point, although not a big one. Much more valuable is the traffic you built up, and the original content (if you want to sell that). Pricing traffic domains is not my strong suit, so I am not really the one to ask it's value. Do you know how namy unique visitors you got per month?

The domain does not go anywhere at this time, you could park it and get a little money that way, and offer it for sale at the same time. I use SEDO.com, but they wont pay until you have earned $20 - depending on your traffic that could be a short or long time.  It looks like you had a very nice site going.

So to directly answer your question, Yes, you could sell your domain.
                    }}insert plug for TulipDomains here{{

Um, this person joined to Spam4  us. See the link at the bottom of his post.  Big Grin

{{{{{{accentnepal}}}}}}  Big Grin
I think Regi already noticed, look closely at the links, they all have 2 dots before the com

Quote:So to directly answer your question, Yes, you could sell your domain.
                    }}insert plug for TulipDomains here{{

Insert plug for BuyDomains (we've used them since 2000), Moniker (we also use them), and a tentative plug for Afternic here. (we used Afternic heavily in 2000/2001 but haven't used them since so I don't know what their service is like now.  When we used them it was great however)  ;D

Insert avoid for GoDaddy here (if you're serious about domains or want competent customer service).
Quote:I think Regi already noticed, look closely at the links, they all have 2 dots before the com

[Image: 824192054_dd097aa6c7_o.gif]

Quote:Insert avoid for GoDaddy here (if you're serious about domains or want competent customer service).

As mine there expire, I am transferring them to TulipDomains.
OK, I'll play dummy - what does a double .. dot before com do? Besides looking like stuttering, that is. And no, I'm not going to click them to see.

thenetexpo.com was a very nice site - looked it up in the archive, 35 listings, last one in January, site no longer resolves. Advice column, horoscopes. Get the feeling there was some decent traffic. Guess there is no telling if it was his site though. But what he said about it fits what I found.

{{{{{{{{{{Belle}}}}}}}}}}  for you too.  8)