TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Ewaey Looks like shades of WP 2005
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ewaey has closed up very similar to the way Wagglepop was closed in 2005

http://powersellersunite.com/about14059-...tml#131901

Quote:GONE I mean instantly,,so sorry loyal ewae'ers 
that is awful..(shades of WP 2005??)

I feel very sorry for the people that had a lot of listings there. I hope they had them backed up.
...and now everyone knows the reason Ewaey is one of the 3 sites in my signature line. ;D

This is the 4th or 5th time in the past 3 years that the owner has shut the site down.  There is information on the earlier closings, and on the owner's crazed behavior, in this old thread:

http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...434.0.html 
Quote:Hello Ewaeyers.

Ewaey is a business. A business has to be profitable and provide a certain presence of profits and also money for its advertisement. We have made many many changes to ewaey.com's fee structure trying to get the SELLER's interest on our best possible way and none of these factors helped. Ewaey continues to be a losing probability and now with the last try; even worst.

It is obvious to me that most of the members we have on EWAEY.COM cant pay for anything. Alot of these members that cant pay have businesses on EBAY.COM. But they cant pay a very small fraction to support a site that would give them its best to help them. Supporting the site you wish gave you enough sales is essential ! Without financial support no site in today's market can survive. I have spent thousands of dollars with ewaey.com. I never got one cent in return. All the money received has been put to its investiments.

EWAEY is a loosing probability. As you can all see; we've lost alot of members. The members we are gaining are not paying members. They are all choosing the FREE account.

We've lost about 20 eStores and continues to go dow fast. The site is loosing strengh and only a hand full have paid the amount we asked. Only a hand full have paid or donated some money. The rest are all free riders and once started charging; These free riders are all running away. This means that these people do not love EWAEY.COM. They were here only to suck the blood and once the cow was dry; they go to the next one.

This hurts me alot because as a business man I can't continue to invest on a loosing probability. So as of today I will proceed and shut down all EWAEY.COM's activities.

It is with sadness that I do this but I have no other choice. I have tried for almos 3 years now. EWAEY had its chance. I had many dreams for it but most of you stopped these dreams. It seems to me that YOU do not want an alternative site that could stand up to EBAY.COM. You dont because if you did EWAEY would have done it already.

So I see it as if this decision was yours. The members do not want to support EWAEY.COM therefore It cant continue.

EWAEY's Data base will be deleted. Erased. The site will be innactivated as soon as possible after this email is received by you.

I wish you all GOOD LUCK on you sales and future activities in the AUCTION WORLD. I am getting out of it for good.

Thank you all and many thanks for the ones that have supported and donated.

Alex/Aroldo
EWAEY.COM

Thanks for using Ewaey.com !
It was inevitable that he'd pull another stunt like this.  Smile
I swear, I don't think I could ever put my faith in any site owner that has been banned from every online auction forum for abuse and/or harassment (except for his own, of course.)  On top of that, he tried to sell the site earlier this year. That's the whole reason I never even visited the site, except to view his auction for the site this summer.

He does make a great point though... Sellers aren't very happy having to fork over ANY cash anymore to sell. If eBay didn't ruin them, the likes of Ray Romeo's con tactics did. No seller wants to pay $10 to sell anywhere, but will gladly pay $10 to PSU to host their webstore, or even more with others, and have to handle ALL marketing themselves? How about spending countless hours uploading the scripts, updating your site, installing mods, posting all over with your sig, is that all worth $10 to an honest auction site owner? Now I am in no way defending Alex, or claiming he was an honest site owner... I don't even know the man to make that claim.

All in all, there are only a couple thousand complete defectors from eBay trying to make an earnest run on alternative sites, and there are literally hundreds of sites for them to choose from. Few sites have more than 10,000 unique visitors monthly to view less than 20% of the items listed for sale. In perspective... My eBay store had over 20,000 monthly unique visits every month by the time I left eBay, and I was only a Gold PS. Hell, my website was getting 2,000+ visits monthly from my eBay customers!

That's the reason I continue to moonlight as a seller, but have a day job. One site I am selling on now boasts 2,000 monthly sales... in reality, a lot compared to most alternative sites. Looking back, I sold that on eBay every month, and there is no way to multichannel to the farthest corners of the web and make those kinds of sales. Regardless whether I listed on OLA, HB, WP, PH, AQ, eCrater, BluJay, Overstock, eBid, and every other site (Don't feel like typing them all) I may pull down 10 sales monthly from each site. There is always the inevitable "Oops!" from selling the same item on two different sites while asleep, without having time to end the listing on all sites. Then, there is managing 25 stores with identical inventory... 1 or 2 is hard enough!

The bottom line is... I have come to the conclusion that eBay and Amazon are the only two options for a serious seller to consider. Everything is handled, from marketing to payments, for a high, but manageable fee structure. Hobby sellers may flock to other sites, but no serious business would place any hopes on an alternative. So, pay the fees, or pay the price. Most serious business owners will choose to pay the fees. I wish I had a year ago.

Quote:The bottom line is... I have come to the conclusion that eBay and Amazon are the only two options for a serious seller to consider. Everything is handled, from marketing to payments, for a high, but manageable fee structure. Hobby sellers may flock to other sites, but no serious business would place any hopes on an alternative.

I'd have to agree but I'd add a few more category specific options for full time sellers: Ubid and  NewEggMall (opening in January).  Etsy is nearing the buyer mass where it will be a viable full time option for some sellers.  Craigslist is also a very good alternative if you live in a very large city and don't mind local delivery.

I still think the best long range plan for serious sellers is to focus on their own website and use venues like eBay/Amazon for customer acquisition.  Our website sales so far this month are about 6X more than we averaged monthly during our best year on eBay (we were only a silver PS on eBay)

Quote:I may pull down 10 sales monthly from each site.

That was my experience with smaller sites--it was that way 5 years ago and there really hasn't been any improvement over the years because buyers have no interest in switching.  The extremely low sales at most sites don't justify the time needed to list (there is no such thing as a free auction site--time is money and there is a dollar value attached to the time spent listing)
How friggin' predictable...2 weeks after deleting the site Pew-eey has reopened.  He switched from RScript to phpProBid.

Anyone want to take bets on how long before he closes the site for the 6th time?  :Smile
Quote:We are proud to re-start EWAEY.COM after numerous requests from our valuable members.
Ewaey is now back to achieve success in the auction marketplace.
Take advantage of our new fee structure. Our low prices and many new features like COMBINE INVOICES and OFFER listing format.
We will continue to improve EWAEY.COM in order to keep competitive in world of auctions.
Take this opportunity and check out our new store fee structures. We are positive you THE SELLER will find the most appropriate one that fits your needs
The new fee structure will provide EWAEY.COM the right buying and selling atmosphere. Your support is very important not only as a seller or a buyer; but also as a MEMBER of THE COMMUNITY. Enjoy EWAEY! WE ARE BACK!

Alex should do stand-up comedy.  Happy001
Quote:Hello All.

After shutting down ewaey for the motives specified on my letter to all the members; I received alot of emails asking me to come back with it and that support would be there.

It is true that a site in order to have a serious chance and not only be playing AUCTION SITE GAME; it needs to charge fees.
My primary reason for shutting it dow was that and because I saw no chance to compete in the marketplace.
It needs to get the support from its community and that is a very very sticky subject.

I love EWAEY.COM! I spent numerous nights without sleep and also alot of money I couldnt even spend in order to keep ewaey.com advertised.

Many people hate me and think I am a bad manager and that I closed the site down without notice. For me shutting it down was the only way possible to make that action happen without the suffering of watching EWAEY.COM slowly die. I was very upset and very frustrated with all of it.

Many sellers as soon as I started asking for fees so the site could be able to produce more SALES for the same SELLERS; Alot of them took off and even some did write me nasty emails.

Folks; I say this once more. A site that is free does not stand a chance out in the marketplace.

Sure some free sites do have alot of listings on it...But watch it carefully since many sellers are going to move away from those sites simply because it will not produce sufficient amount of sales for its them.

I will be placing EWAEY.COM back online. This time we will not be using the same script.
EWAEY had a great layout and site but it was imcomplete and I was never happy with it. RSCRIPT is a good script but it lacks alot of tools and support not mentioning that you need to dress it up and it is very hard to find a perl expert.

We are now designing a new fee structure and when its all set up I will press the TURN IT ON BUTTON.

I must say that I did not know how many people did like EWAEY and this is the only reason I am bringing it back. I even had offers from people wanting to purchase the domain name and site.

Another thing is that I am being portraited in this other forum named PSU as if I was a dishonest and bad man. The fact is that they did not allow ewaey.com to announce there. Discrimination was a big play and character destructive tatics had a big presence there.
EWAEY was never allowed to place a thread and be left alone without BASHERS coming into my posts and starting the big problems. But they can talk bad about EWAEY just not good about it.
For this I thank PHEEBAY.COM for letting me be a part of this community in here.

You guys are great!

Alex
EWAEY CEO.

He hates PSU and loves Pheebay Happy001
This guy is priceless!
Blames the members for forcing him to close, then brings it back because of the overwhelming support from those members. Then, those 13 members are so supportive of the reopening that they have listed 51 auctions!
I don't think Alex has a clue that the members who DID like Ewaey, liked Rscript. They liked the extra fun stuff on the site, even if it was just a few linked games and jokes. They were true "community" sellers, and that's it. They didn't care about sales, just wanted to talk about it. The really serious sellers left long ago, and are now successful somewhere else.

Now, the site revamped with PPB that Rscript lovers love to hate is going to please them?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5