TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Tazbar Announces Fee Changes Effective 1 December
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tazbar's new fees:

Quote:New Membership Levels from 1st December 2007

The Tazbar fee structure is being extended on 1st December 2007 to include voluntary membership options. These will allow a seller to benefit from both zero listing fees and zero final price fees. This addition is one of the most popular requests suggested by sellers. It allows a seller to cap their monthly charges and not incur final value fees.

In addition to benefitting from zero listing fees and zero final price fees, sellers who opt for this membership upgrade will be given free promotional upgrades to more than twice the value of the monthly membership fee.

The new fee table will cover all listings on Tazbar including Motors and Vehicles.

Quote:The Tazbar fee structure is laid out in the table below. There are 4 different levels for sellers on Tazbar to choose from depending on which suits their circumstances.

The Basic level.
This is a free to list membership that has no monthly fee. Basic level sellers pay a final price commission as shown in the table. There are also further restrictions such as the number of live listings, no auto-relist and reduced upgrade options. This level is designed for private sellers.

Levels 1 to 3.
These levels offer more value for money and are designed for business or serious hobby sellers. These levels require the seller to pay a monthly subscription in advance. In return for this Tazbar does not charge a final price fee. This is an excellent way to control exactly what your selling overheads will be each month. These levels are also embellished with free upgrades and extra features that are valued at more that the monthly subscription cost. These upgrades will help the business seller to promote their items better. Unused upgrades can be carried forward to following months as long as a continues membership is maintained.

full fee table and details of each membership level: http://www.tazbar.com//Help/fees2007.aspx

discussion: http://www.tazbar.com/forums/forums/thread/279658.aspx
Quote:Traffic on Ebay is not that bad. I had over 100 film  magazines listed on Tazbar  up to a few weeks ago, they had around 80 hits in four months and no bids. After closing my Tazbar listings I placed 70 of these same magazines on Ebay, in four weeks they had over 1000 hits and have sold 58 of them. They cost me either 5p or 10p to list but I dont mind the listing fee when I am actually in with a chance of selling...not like here on Tazbar.
http://www.tazbar.com/forums/forums/6/27...hread.aspx

That quote tells me all I need to know about Tazbar.  Smile
Breaking news!!!! Tazbar management awarded Boinktard award!!!!

2 days later and Tazbar has already announced a change to its just announced fee structure. :Smile

Quote:Tazbar membership levels strategy - Updated

Tazbar has taken note of numerous threads in the last day or so since we released information about the new fees.  Having identified various concerns, we’ve come some way to meeting them with a handful of revisions to our new fee structure.

Basic level sellers will have a listing limit of100 items and will have access to the Seller Gallery option for £2.50 and the Auto Re-list option for £1.50.  Both options last for thirty days.

Level 1 will have a listings maximum of 2000 items, Level 2 maximum is 6000 and Level 3 is unlimited, and these listing caps will be reviewed and amended from time to time.

full announcement: http://www.tazbar.com/forums/forums/thread/281536.aspx

EDIT: Tazbar listings have fallen from approximately 150,000 pre-fee hike 1 announcement to 133,000 today.
Quote:2 days later and Tazbar has already announced a change to its just announced fee structure.

Remember the fallout from Overstock Auctions' revisions of revisions in December 2006?
Quote:EDIT: Tazbar listings have fallen from approximately 150,000 pre-fee hike 1 announcement to 133,000 today.

[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=16952.msg66650#msg66650 date=1195854865]
Quote:2 days later and Tazbar has already announced a change to its just announced fee structure.

Remember the fallout from Overstock Auctions' revisions of revisions in December 2006?
[/quote]

How could I forget? Puke
Quote:111,886 -10748

The total likely will continue falling until at least Saturday.
Listings have fallen over 40% since the first announcement:

Quote:87,393 -17498
down 50%...they're still not even close to the 90% loss Overstock achieved last December.

Quote:76,495

-10329 auction listing down from yesterday