TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A look at Microsoft's new Live Search Shopping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Eric Enge: Hi Garry, I think the new shopping search is very, very interesting, and offers some compelling new value. I understand it is focused on consumer electronics at the moment. How has the response been to it so far?

Garry Wiseman: It's been very positive although the features have only really been live to the general public for just over three and a half weeks now. We have been able to pull some preliminary data internally from the log files, how people are reacting to the different answers that we have. So, as you know there are a couple of different types of answers, there is the products category answer, which is a response to a query like "digital camera" and we also have a single product answer where we display different types of data about an individual product in line with the search results. So far the click through has been pretty positive and we've had a few ad hoc pieces of customer feedback that they were surprised to see the results directly in line...

full interview: http://www.stonetemple.com/articles/inte...eman.shtml

review of Live Search Shopping:

Quote:Recently I covered the new shopping search when I did an interview with Garry Wiseman of Microsoft, but yesterday the Live Search blog highlighted some additional aspects of their shopping search engine. You can see their example if you do a search on hp printers and then click on the HP Color LaserJet 2600n.

The resulting screen shows user ratings which have been culled from a review sites across the web. First of all, there is a global rating up top, a feature offered by many shopping sites. What is truly unique though is the presentation of summaries of all the review comments on a attribute by attribute basis. The above referenced interview covers how Microsoft put this together in detail....

full article: http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/071113-100206