TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Web Developers Say IE7 Sucks!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Others took exception to Chor's statistics on IE7's uptake and the number of security issues found in it during the last year. But it was developers who seemed to bash Microsoft the hardest. "Instead of wasting our time with crazy back-patting uselessness, will Microsoft please just admit defeat and close up development of IE and hand [it] over to people who care about the Web and handle it properly?" said Ryan G. "I have wasted so many hours developing sites to work in this browser that work without further modification in every other browser."

"Another post on this blog, and not a single word about being open with the community, IE8, bug fixes, new features, transparency, public bug tracking, etc., except by every developer/manager/tester/designer/user/security expert commenting on this blog," said a user identified as Bradley. "What's the issue here? If [Microsoft] is not going to commit any time, resources, material to any of this, ISSUE A POST indicating such (preferably with a reason)!"

But the most pointed comment came from someone labeled only as dk. "You all continue to underestimate the dramatic spillover effect this poor developer experience has had and will continue to have on your other products and services. Let me drive this point home. I am a front-end programmer and a co-founder of a start-up. I can tell you categorically that my team won't download and play with Silverlight ... won't build a Live widget ... won't consider any Microsoft search or ad products in the future...

full article: http://www.computerworld.com/action/arti...ticleBasic&articleId=9050979&intsrc=hm_list
Quote:Web Developers Say IE7 Sucks!

Yes, it definitely does suck for web development.  BangHead
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=17071.msg66935#msg66935 date=1196970316]
Quote:Web Developers Say IE7 Sucks!

Yes, it definitely does suck for web development.  BangHead
[/quote]

I think it sucks overall.  Tongue2