TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Freelancer? Build a Killer Online Portfolio in 9 Easy Steps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Every freelancer should have an online portfolio. You’ve got one, right? If not, skip to the last paragraph of this post. It’s written for you.

If you do have one, you can breathe a sigh of relief. You’re halfway there.

Building your portfolio is easy. The hard part is making it good. A killer portfolio does more than just showcase your work. It transforms visitors into clients. Best of all, it’s an automatic work generator.

In this post, I want to show you how to take your online portfolio to the next level.
1. Ask the question

Online portfolios tend to come in one of three shapes: a blog, a website, or a dedicated solution (something that’s just a portfolio, without any of the extra stuff).

The question I’d like you to have in mind as you read this is: how well does my site answer the questions potential clients are likely to have?
2. Focus on simplicity

Your portfolio exists to impress and persuade potential clients. If you have a blog or website, though, you might (wisely) be trying to draw traffic from other sources. Maybe you’re sharing your knowledge, or providing value in other ways.

This has one potential drawback, though: you’re catering to so many people that the clear message you want to send potential clients might be getting lost in the noise.

Continue reading here.