TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Microsoft security update creates problem for Internet Explorer users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A security update released by Microsoft last week is wreaking havoc with Internet Explorer for some users.

Shortly after Microsoft issued its MS07-069 security bulletin last Tuesday, users began posting reports of problems with Internet Explorer on support newsgroups, including the Windows Update group on Microsoft's site.

"When I installed the Patch Tuesday updates on my WXP Box with MSIE6 installed, I had the same problems with IE6 startup as others are mentioning in these newsgroups," wrote Bill Drake in the Windows Update discussion. "Specifically, about 60 percent of the time, I would get an 'Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and must close' dialog."

Cleaning the Internet Explorer temp folder and moving to a blank opening page solved the problem, Drake added. "However, this was not an acceptable solution," he noted...

full article: http://ecommercetimes.com/story/MS-Secur...60828.html
Quote:A security update released by Microsoft last week is wreaking havoc with Internet Explorer for some users.

Switch browsers you fools!