TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Hillary Clinton and Milt Romney In Favor of Censoring Video Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Here is CSM’s question on the topic of video game legislation, posed to Clinton and other responding candidates:

To date, nearly 10 states have considered legislation to keep violent video games out of kids’ hands. Would you support this type of legislation at the federal level? What other strategies would you support to keep the video game industry and other media companies from marketing and selling inappropriate content to children?

Here is Sen. Clinton’s response:

When I introduced the Family Entertainment Protection Act [FEPA] two years ago, I did so because I felt that video game content was getting increasingly violent and sexually explicit, yet young people were able to purchase these games with relative ease while their parents were struggling to keep up with being informed about the content...

and:

Quote:Sen. Clinton described for CSM her biggest concern about media as a parent:

...Whenever I meet young parents… they tell me that they are worried about losing control over the raising of their own children and about ceding the responsibility of implicating values and behaviors to a multi-dimensional media marketplace over which they have no control….

full article: http://gamepolitics.com/2007/12/21/hilla...gislation/