TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Music Versus Workflow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How music affects your mood, and certain bodily functions...... Sign13

Quote:iTunes has loaded and we’re going to start work. What album do you play? Does it really affect your performance in front of the computer? I think it does. Let’s take a non-work related example first:

Music Helps You Sleep

Last year a Taiwanese research group studied the affects of music on 60 elderly people with sleeping problems.

The music group were able to choose from six tapes that featured soft, slow music - around 60-80 beats per minute - such as jazz, folk or orchestral pieces.

Note the slow BPM [beats per minute]. Researchers found that the music lowered heart and respiratory rates, aiding in a more peaceful sleep. The group reported a 35% improvement in sleep, including a better and longer night’s sleep with less ‘dysfunction’ during the day.

Lower BPM lowers heart rate and breathing, and so calms you into a better sleep.
Let’s look at what you could call the opposite: music with an upbeat tempo.

Increase the BPM

You instantly have more energy, right? Plus faster tunes are, generally, more upbeat in feeling as well. They are lighter and get you happy in what you’re doing. It’s common knowledge that a happy song will make you feel happy as well.

Continue reading here.
Quote:and certain bodily functions

Yuk
[quote author=jezebel link=topic=17213.msg67339#msg67339 date=1199225797]
Quote:and certain bodily functions

Yuk
[/quote]

Lol, just things like heart rate/blood pressure, respiratory rate, and production or lack thereof of endorphins. Laughing7

I like to listen to classical when I paint, dance music when I work around the house, and a variety the rest of the time.  Tongue