TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: EBay 3rd Quarter net rises but shares fall on outlook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:eBay Inc. the world's largest online auction site, on Wednesday posted a 40 percent rise in quarterly net profit and raised its outlook, but shares fell 6 percent as investors were looking for more.

The results, excluding one-time items, were within the range of Wall Street expectations, as growth was fueled by its U.S. and German auction business and expansion of its online payment business. EBay raised its outlook for the rest of 2005 and 2006, but also within investor expectations.

Germany is the largest auction market outside eBay's home market. Together, the United States and Germany are responsible for roughly three-quarters of the company's auction revenues.

Quarterly revenue from its PayPal online payments business totaled $247.1 million, growing 44 percent on the year.

Despite the reacceleration, investor fear over the maturation of eBay's U.S. and German businesses still lingers.

Registered users at the end of the third quarter totaled 168.1 million, a 35 percent increase from a year ago.

full article: http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/051019/ebay_earns.html?.v=3
Quote:**eBay Third Quarter 2005 Earnings Released*** 

October 19, 2005 | 01:45PM PST/PT

Meg Whitman

Today, we announced eBay's financial results for the third quarter ending on September 30, 2005. I'm happy to report that the company delivered excellent results in Q3.

The success eBay experienced this quarter is a direct result of our Community of members. Your ongoing passion and dedication have helped us build a thriving marketplace that continues to grow quarter after quarter.

We look forward to working together for even greater success in Q4 and beyond.

Thank you,
Meg
I smell something cooking in the kitchen.
Quote:Registered users at the end of the third quarter totaled 168.1 million, a 35 percent increase from a year ago
35% more scammers and phishers, all invading obvious fertile territory, IMHO.  >Sad
"Quarterly revenue from its PayPal online payments business totaled $247.1 million, growing 44 percent on the year."

Does that amount include all the people that had payments taken out 2 and 3 times?
Like I said "something cooking in the kitchen".  Lol

Some VERY creative accounting practices at the bay me thinks.
Enron and MCI looked GREAT on paper too.  :twistedevil:
more numbers from eBay's earnings report:

Quote:Active users, defined as the number of users on eBay’s platform who bid, bought, or listed an item within the previous 12 months, increased to a record 68.0 million in the quarter, up 32% from a year earlier.

Fixed price trading contributed about 32%, or $3.4 billion, of total gross merchandise volume in Q2.

U.S net revenue rose 29% to $449.5 million, while international marketplace revenue rose 43% to $408.9 million.

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=16479
I still say some VERY creative accounting and reporting going on here.
How can these numbers be right if sales from US sellers has been
declining as reported by the sellers?

Or if Ali and Yahoo are kicking ebays butt overseas.. How can this be right?

What about the flat numbers in Germany and other EU countries?

Hmmmmmmmmmm something just don’t seem right.

Could it be someone is NOT telling the truth? No way...
BIG companies don’t do that.
The BIZ web with the bay is so vast that even the spider can’t find the web.
Pages: 1 2