TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Entrecard Daily Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Okay, Langdon made the big announcement just now.

Graham Langdon Wrote:twas the night before christmas

and all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even cats

The widget were hung, on the sidebar with care In hopes that comments would soon be there

the bloggers were nestled all snug in their beds, cubicles, computer chairs, and coffee shops,

while dreams of more Credits danced in their head

and PHI in his kerchief, and me in my cap had just settled down, for a long morning of tech support

Okay, Graham's new partner, that he has repeatedly said will fundamentally change blogging forever, is ..........drumroll...........SEZWHO.

WTF???  Tool
This SEZWHO?
[quote author=jezebel link=topic=18117.msg71361#msg71361 date=1216141607]
This SEZWHO?
[/quote]

Yeah, I know. I just am not thrilled about it. Graham is hot on spam comments. I don't want comments from people who are freakin' commenting just to earn credits.......too spammy/irrelevant.  Tongue2
Quote:Graham is hot on spam comments.

I noticed.

Quote: 22.  spamcop

February 12th, 2008 at 11:05 am

Dear Entrecard,

Please stop spamming these comments.

Thank you,
The Management

TechCrunch founder Wrote:29.  Michael Arrington

February 12th, 2008 at 11:26 am

yeah i agree. let’s slow down on the entrecard spam.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/02/12/spo...kexchange/
[quote author=jezebel link=topic=18117.msg71364#msg71364 date=1216142804]
Quote:Graham is hot on spam comments.

I noticed.

Quote: 22.  spamcop

February 12th, 2008 at 11:05 am

Dear Entrecard,

Please stop spamming these comments.

Thank you,
The Management

TechCrunch founder Wrote:29.  Michael Arrington

February 12th, 2008 at 11:26 am

yeah i agree. let’s slow down on the entrecard spam.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/02/12/spo...kexchange/
[/quote]

Yeah, he thinks EC bloggers would love to get "paid" to comment, but many of us already told him that we do not want people who comment getting paid. Spam.
Good catch, Jez.  Big Grin

TechCrunch is one of Graham's idols.
Two Three things to note:

1. Because Entrecard is now paying people to make comments on blogs that have SezWho installed, there will be a slew of useless comments, such as "nice post" or "great post------I posted a simiar article on...........LINK".
If you can't generate comments unless someone is paying your commentators, you probably should not be writing a blog.  8)

2. According to SezWho admin, all comments you make online (past and future) are now logged, tracked and shared with Entrecard.

Can you say" Goodbye Privacy?  :blinkie:

3. Even if I were very interested in participating in this thing, I couldn't. Why? Because Entrecard teamed up with someone who does not support many blogging platforms. No support for Typepad, Joomla, Serendipity, etc.. the list is long, very long. Bad move, IMO.

Reg, I really think you should put together the code to create a competitor to Entrecard. Confusedtolensmiley:
Pulled this from Google today:

Quote:Desperation at SezWho? Partners with Izea, Entrecard, and Creative Weblogging
Written by Frederic Lardinois / July 15, 2008 9:00 AM / 13 Comments

sezwho-logo.pngIn a slew of press releases today, the commenting and profile company SezWho has announced partnerships with social marketing company Izea, blog widget advertising network Entrecard, and blog network Creative Weblogging. SezWho is under a lot of stress from Disqus and Intense Debate and this round of partnerships with relatively small and, in the case of Izea, dodgy companies makes this seem like a somewhat desperate move.
Izea

Izea, formerly known as PayPerPost, has a pretty sketchy history, but also a lot of users. Izea is a "social media marketing" company that pays bloggers small amounts of money for posting blog posts about Izea's advertisers. Izea's PayPerPost product especially came under heavy fire from bloggers in its early days, as it didn't require disclosure of the advertising content from its bloggers and was generally seen as misleading. Even today, there are still questions about Izea's disclosure policy.

SezWho is going to work with Izea's SocialSpark, a marketplace and community which connects advertisers with bloggers who are willing to write sponsored posts. SocialSpark will start using SezWho to provide its users with a way of tracking blog comments and reputation.

Given that Google has already banned all PayPerPost users by indexing them with a Pagerank of zero, it seems Izea is interested in creating a different ratings system for its users by leveraging SezWho's technology.
Entrecard

Entrecard provides bloggers with a blog-to-blog advertising widget and will give SezWho users who receive ratings of 4 stars or more with credits to advertise on its network of blogs. This is an interesting approach, as it connects reputation with a direct reward. Through this deal, Entrecard will get a stronger foothold among bloggers who are already working with SezWho and probably hopes that SezWho's users will return to actually buy real advertising after having tried out the free ads.

Full article here: http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/sez...h_izea.php
Quote:Entrecard teamed up with someone who does not support many blogging platforms.

SezWho only supports: WordPress "versions xx to 2.5", Movable Type, Blogger, Drupal and phpBB.

FYI, the current WordPress version is 2.6 which isn't supported.  The older pre-2.6 versions that SezWho supports all have security vulnerabilities.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5