TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: GoDaddy launches new marketplace...GoDaddy closes new marketplace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote: can someone discuss  this explosion of traffic to godaddy.com at the same time their marketplace started?

The explosion of traffic is due to all of the scammers flocking to GoDaddy Marketplace to get free merchandise because they heard GoDaddy has absolutely no fraud protection in place and won't do a friggin' thing to fight chargebacks (why should they since they keep the 9% FVF fee and collect a $25 chargeback fee from sellers every time there is a chargeback).

We sold 6 items on GoDaddy and got hit with 2 chargebacks (buyers claiming unauthorized charges...we shipped to the billing address with proof of delivery).  There is no way for sellers to fight a chargeback on GoDaddy Marketplace.  When I called GoDaddy after the first chargeback the response I got from the idiot on the other end was "I guess we need to work on our fraud prevention measures".  Our store there is on vacation until they implement adequate fraud prevention measures.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=19041.msg75910#msg75910 date=1274317503]
Quote: can someone discuss  this explosion of traffic to godaddy.com at the same time their marketplace started?
The explosion of traffic is due to all of the scammers flocking to GoDaddy Marketplace to get free merchandise because they heard GoDaddy has absolutely no fraud protection in place and won't do a friggin' thing to fight chargebacks (why should they since they keep the 9% FVF fee and collect a $25 chargeback fee from sellers every time there is a chargeback). We sold 6 items on GoDaddy and got hit with 2 chargebacks (buyers claiming unauthorized charges...we shipped to the billing address with proof of delivery).  There is no way for sellers to fight a chargeback on GoDaddy Marketplace.  When I called GoDaddy after the first chargeback the response I got from the idiot on the other end was "I guess we need to work on our fraud prevention measures".  Our store there is on vacation until they implement adequate fraud prevention measures.
[/quote]

Wow!! That's awful!! They guess they need to work on our fraud prevention measures? That should have been one of the FIRST things on the list to work on! It's like fraud prevention was an afterthought.

I know it's sounds weird but I don't like the way GoDaddy advertises with the bimbo/Playboy like commercials, I won't even buy a domain name from them but that's just me!
Not to mention Danica Patrick is allowing GoDaddy to turn her into a skank. We thought the commercials were neat at first, but now it's just sad. She seriously needs to get a new sponsor that doesn't treat her like nothing more than tna.

Glad I never sold anything on GoDaddy now. I didn't even try. However, with 2 out of 6 purchases bad, you can bet the word is out and they are drowning in chargebacks and fraud.
ManofMeans Wrote:psu don't even put its 350k total items in its  auction count chart

GoDaddy Marketplace now has 530K listings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo
Smileyviolin Smileyviolin Smileyviolin Smileyviolin
[size=6px]"This message is your final notice that Go Daddy Marketplace will close its virtual doors and no longer accept new orders after January 21, 2011 at 12:00 AM (MT). This message is your final notice that Go Daddy Marketplace will close its virtual doors and no longer accept new orders after January 21, 2011 at 12:00 AM (MT).

We appreciate your time and effort as a Go Daddy Marketplace vendor and hope that you have been able to use this platform to increase awareness for your products and gain new customers.

Until and after closure, please process and ship placed orders as you normally would according to our Go Daddy Marketplace Terms of Service Agreement. For your convenience, Go Daddy Marketplace Manager will be available through June 21, 2011 at 12:00 AM (MT) for sales data and tax purposes.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact our customer service department at 480-505-8877, via email marketplace@godaddy.com or reference the FAQs.

To show our appreciation for your efforts in building Go Daddy Marketplace, we would like to offer you 75%* off any Quick Shopping Cart® plan. In the weeks ahead, we'll be sending you instructions on how to import your Marketplace products into your Quick Shopping Cart store. Don't have a Quick Shopping Cart store? Sign up now and take advantage of this special offer. Simply place source code MPQSC in your cart at checkout or mention the code when you call 480-505-8877.

Thank you again for all your efforts,

Bob Parsons
CEO and Founder
GoDaddy.com"
[/size]
The 'we're shutting our doors' FAQ is here: http://img1.wsimg.com/marketplace/merchantfaq.pdf
They left out the part about their lawyers screaming at them regarding the liability their little marketplace added to the company.

Maybe it's for the best though. I'm sure with Inhabid finally launching, GoDaddy would not have stood a chance... Happy001
Pages: 1 2 3