TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Inhabid Vaporware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
How long will it take to flop and reconstruct that one?  Happy001
[quote author=regic link=topic=18789.msg75702#msg75702 date=1262743497]
here is one possible new site addition he may be planning - an escrow service
http://whois.domaintools.com/safepayescrow.com
[/quote]

He may have decided against implementing that idea after discovering Guru.com's SafePay Escrow service
http://answers.guru.com/emp/library/all-...scrow.aspx
Quote:Boy I hope he adds more of that nifty memory draining flash animation

The main flash movie is 5.1 MB, the signup flash widget is 250K...total home page size about 6MB.  For the unfortunate 5.5% of US Internet users still on dial-up, 6MB translates to a 15-25 minute load time.

Quote: After 4 months, the same seller has exactly 4 transactions.

It takes at least 6 months for Google to find new stores...
Build it and they will come...
In it for the long haul...
Kumbaya!
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=18789.msg75675#msg75675 date=1262223165]
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=18789.msg75033#msg75033 date=1251604097]
join inhabid and get 30 free boinks!
[/quote]

the launch date has been pushed back....AGAIN.  Sleepy1

Quote:Re-construction in progress New site launch date: April 1, 2010
[/quote]

VAPORWARE ALERT!

New launch date June 1, 2010 :Smile Happy001
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=18789.msg75795#msg75795 date=1266711409]
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=18789.msg75675#msg75675 date=1262223165]
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=18789.msg75033#msg75033 date=1251604097]
join inhabid and get 30 free boinks!
[/quote]

the launch date has been pushed back....AGAIN.  Sleepy1

Quote:Re-construction in progress New site launch date: April 1, 2010
[/quote]

VAPORWARE ALERT!

New launch date June 1, 2010 :Smile Happy001
[/quote]
changed to August 16th
inhabid Wrote:[size=12px]Can someone tell me if it's possible to delete this entire posting? I'd like to start a new one. This is now over a year old, and a lot has changed since then. Our new relaunch is coming soon, so I'd like to give it a new PSU beginning too![/size]
[size=12px]http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-311044.html#311043[/size][size=12px]Imagine how different WP2's launch would have been if Ray could have made all the negative WP1 threads disappear prior to launch [/size] Confusedtolensmiley:  Imagine how much worse off sellers would be if every boinktard rinky dink owner could delete negative threads.  :blinkie:

I split the Inhabid posts into a new topic.
Did you see the new launch date was August 16th, 2010 now? I am sooo excited and just can't wait for it to get moved to September 1st! and then on and on some more. When do the change in dates just make them look like idiots? Postponed for a year.....lmao

So now anyone that was interested in the site has completely lost all interest. If the owner is ever going to pull that site off, they better not even waste their time on any selling forums cause that horse is dead and buried....lol
Vaporware indeed. My initial issue with Inhabids was the game aspect, accumulating "tokins" to exchange for things. I'm selling stuff. I don't want tokins. I want money.

Initially, the owner's idea was to get representatives in each state to recruit and teach sellers the system. This is an excerpt from a conversation w/ the owner when I requested info a couple of years ago:

"Inhabid's reward redemption program works like this - we will send the  member an Inhabid keychain for 50 tokins. With this keychain, they can  go to stores carrying the Inhabid logo and redeem for whatever they want  using their tokin points. Now, the store owner is happy, the Inhabid  member is happy (sold something old, redeem something new!), and we are  happy. Your job, later, is to communicate with the store owners and  explain our program to them. Right now, I am looking for one Senior  State Manager in each state..."

It's screwy which is why it is and will remain vaporware. Sellers have enough to do and most of us have enough stuff so that recruiting and teaching your customers is of absolutely no value.
Quote:My initial issue with Inhabids was the game aspect, accumulating "tokins" to exchange for things. I'm selling stuff. I don't want tokins. I want money.

The game aspect is being expanded for Inhabid V2: a weekly lottery drawing for rewards, virtual property ownership.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/about28...tml#309985
[quote author=regic link=topic=19068.msg75990#msg75990 date=1281750653]
Quote:My  initial issue with Inhabids was the game aspect, accumulating "tokins"  to exchange for things. I'm selling stuff. I don't want tokins. I want  money.

The game aspect is being expanded for Inhabid V2: a weekly lottery drawing for rewards, virtual property ownership.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/about28...tml#309985
[/quote]

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of excitement about buying raffle tickets and cyber space. Yup. Got them priorities all lined up! He devoted one tiny paragraph plus one sentence to explaining the selling platform!

The might do a little business if more pubescent children had credit cards.  Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5