TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Not a virgin anymore . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Gosh, they do say "every visit" don't they.
Presumably, one would have to visit the site to attempt to log on.
I'll print that out and drop it off for my detective this afternoon. Smile
[quote author=xppman link=topic=1714.msg6071#msg6071 date=1134565654]
Here you go Iron

"The eBay Effect" CNBC

Quote:Ebay’s Network Operating Center keeps track of every transaction, every visit to the eBay auction site. That means that, at any minute of the day, eBay knows exactly where its money is coming from, how many people are on the site, their listings per second, the number of bids and so on. This monitoring allows eBay to troubleshoot problems.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8391726/

The network has the interview footage.

[/quote]

Yep, thats the one.  Thanks xppman  Wink

Ironchick good luck, I hope it helps you

Angel  Angel7
I wonder if the eBay employee who gave that interview was "confused" as well.

Left a message for my Detective.  He wasn't in, but I am dropping a copy of the article off when I make my mail run this afternoon.
Hhmmmmpphhhh . . .

I guess eBay also needs to update their info regarding traffic reports to reflect that it ONLY reports hits to our sites by members who have logged into their eBay accounts.  Because how can they report info they don't HAVE.

So folks don't get confused.

Edited to add:

Sure enough, my traffic report talks about daily *unique* visitors.    It seems like that would be hard to figure out without IP addresses.

Lying sack of sh IT b*stards!
Unique visitors, hmmm?

Absolutely, the detective may be interested that they either
1.  lied in regards to the subpoena
2.  sell products with features that they don't have the technical capabilities of providing - like tracking unique visitors.

Either way, they're caught in a lie.  The question is, do they want to admit to contempt or to fraud.

Jen
Quote:I guess eBay also needs to update their info regarding traffic reports to reflect that it ONLY reports hits to our sites by members who have logged into their eBay accounts

eFlea spokesIT Hazy Dizzy responded "The traffic reporting service is provided by a 3rd party which tracks visitors by placing its proprietary tracking code on users pages after the user opts into their service.  We do not have access to the databases of this 3rd party provider."
Quote:I wonder if the eBay employee who gave that interview was "confused" as well

I think the eBay employee who gave that interview was the head of the operations center himself.

The BIG cheese, the TOP dog, The Enchilada guy.

Or what ever his title is.
I forget HIS name. I do say that I think it was this chap that was the one boasting this
state of the art "tracking" every visit to the site type info. as well as boasting how they have logs from day one on who is who and what one has done on feebay.

hmmmmmmmm

No wonder feebay is such a mess. Not only are the low level employees "confused",
but so are the upper management it seems.  Smileykoolaid
I'm still working on this. 
Hope to have an update soon.  Whip2

Your FIRST pink slap?!  I think I got my first 3 days after I became a member! 

I just about wet my pants when I read, "Lying Sack of Sh*t B*astards."  Apparently, you offended one of the Kool-Aid stand keepers.
[quote author=Anita link=topic=1714.msg6182#msg6182 date=1134778047]
Your FIRST pink slap?!  I think I got my first 3 days after I became a member! 

I just about wet my pants when I read, "Lying Sack of Sh*t B*astards."  Apparently, you offended one of the Kool-Aid stand keepers.
[/quote]

Well, we know the pinks at least read the titles of posts.  :-)    Tongue2

The letter they send is just so . . . insulting.  Good Gawd, I don't think anyone has talked that way to me since grade school.

Pages: 1 2 3