TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Policy: Item Location Misrepresentation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hijack

Have you seen this person posting on the Stores Board jollyrobcat?  Great advice coming for a person with carpy feedback!  You could have some fun with him/her Todd!

/hijack
[quote author=Anita link=topic=2488.msg8857#msg8857 date=1139110519]
hijack

Have you seen this person posting on the Stores Board jollyrobcat?  Great advice coming for a person with carpy feedback!  You could have some fun with him/her Todd!

/hijack
[/quote]

Seller died but famile provided refund

Seller LIVES!
Quote:  Have you seen this person posting on the Stores Board

Quote: Feedback Score: 36
Positive Feedback: 87.5%
Members who left a positive: 42
Members who left a negative: 6
All positive feedback received: 72

They only have 6 negatives!  :twistedevil: No activity on that account since that poster died in 2001.

post from eBay Stores board Wrote:Obviously I am posting with an ID which I have not used in almost five years. The reason for that is because I no longer find this board to be a safe place nor a helpful place to come to any longer.

One of your buyers left a comment on your feedback profile 5 years ago that you died. How is it possible for someone who died 5 years ago to post?

Or did eBay forget to look at that comment when they brought that ID back from NARUland today for one of their employees to use when posting?
Do you REALLY know that ID was brought back from NARUland today?
Forget the miracle that the Catholic Church is trying to prove to Saint Pope John Paul II.  This is a modern day miracle in and of itself.  The whole thing is strange - why would someone take out an ID that apparently has not been used for sometime and start using with that feedback attached?  Maybe as Anita alluded on a post on that thread - a highjacked account?

In all the posts over there today, I feel sorry for laupost.  And she is probably right about the seller in question, but I had to point out that her assumptions were unfounded without absolute proof.  MAybe she worked a deal with that particular company that no one else has been able to do.  That was pretty gutsy to place the word "steal" in the title of her post.  I hope I got my point across nicely but effectively.

Rob    
[quote author=Anita link=topic=2488.msg8863#msg8863 date=1139114445]
Do you REALLY know that ID was brought back from NARUland today?
[/quote]

Who cares what he thinks, I do.  Lol Its happened before, although it is usually Trust & Safety activating a NARU'd ID (or manufacturing a new ID with fake history) and using it to try and catch scammers.

Do you remember during the INR Policy fight the 48,000 feedback posting ID that appeared praising the new policy?  I know for a fact that ID had been previously NARU'd  1 year before that. Smile
I didn't want to add to the problem, but what made the OP assume the pictures were stolen?  Maybe the seller just learned how to crop better???  Or am I missing something?
It would seem totally STUPID to use a carpy ID to try and influence us to think positive thoughts about eBay.  But then... eBay employees aren't the brightest crayons in the box.
abbeyscarolinas Wrote:And she is probably right about the seller in question,

Maybe, maybe not (that's my way of saying I'm clueless about the manufacturer's photo usage policy Smile
). 

I wouldn't have posted what she did without proof.  If its a case of a seller with hundreds of INR/SNAD complaints (and 2900 mutual withdrawals) then I will speak out, but in this case I wouldn't.  I looked at that seller and thought she had an excellent record (i.e. her buyers seemed happy).

I will disagree with you though on this statement, "I would assume that they checked all aspects of the featured member's business before they included her in one of their publications." , because in the past eBay has made some huge errors in its seller selections for its publications/awards.  Last year they picked a NARU'd seller for 'seller of the month' in India, and then of course there are sellers like "Poster Boy" etc who provide terrible customer service/lots of INR complaints who get picked...and then there were the "Best of Stores" finalists with a ton of policy violations in their stores, or the sellers featured in their Holiday Catalog 2 years ago who also had many policy violations.  
Pages: 1 2 3