TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Stores are coming soon...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Stores beta launch to be announced at Overstock Oasis in June...
[quote author=amy link=topic=2672.msg13644#msg13644 date=1147035810]
Stores beta launch to be announced at Overstock Oasis in June...
[/quote]

I'm so excited...NOT
More details on Overstock Auction's upcoming stores.

Quote:Innuity, Inc., an Internet technology company dedicated to helping small businesses succeed, announced today that Overstock.com Auctions™ has selected Innuity's private label technology, services and expertise to help expand Overstock.com Auctions' offerings to its small business auction sellers.

Overstock.com Auctions plans to introduce fixed-price stores that will allow sellers to create their own stores and embed their stores inside Overstock.com Auctions. Innuity has agreed to provide the private label technology that would enable sellers to customize their store's look and feel, as well as deliver reliable transaction processing capabilities. Overstock.com Auctions currently plans to launch the product's beta version in early summer 2006, with full customer availability scheduled for late summer or early fall 2006.

"We aligned ourselves with Innuity to open up this new sales channel for our auction community," said JT Stephens, assistant vice president of Overstock.com Auctions. "We are committed to the success of our auction sellers and to building the best online marketplace."

full press release: http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site...=news_view&newsId=20060519005117&newsLang=en
Quote:transaction processing capabilities.

A shopping cart.
This is the article from Auctionbytes:  http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m05/i22/S01

:mixed044:
Quote:Q: What is Overstock.com Outlets?

A: Overstock.com Outlets is an exciting new storefront technology that will be unveiled in 2006 to allow sellers to better build their brands and boost their sales. An Overstock Outlet is a fully-integrated e-commerce store with an easy-to-remember URL that offers fixed-price items, links to the seller's auctions, and the ability to conduct secure transactions. Outlets will offer a number of benefits for sellers, including calculators, reports, a variety of design options, and tools for promotion, inventory management, and customer communication. Outlets will offer buyers the ability to shop for fixed-price items and check out immediately. More information will be announced at a later date.

http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/au...i?PAGE=FAQ&MODE=ANSW&FQCID=3&FAQID=39105
Stores with shopping carts.  What a novel idea.  >Big Grin
Yipeeee!  :-*
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=2672.msg16079#msg16079 date=1150230169]
Yipeeee!  :-*
[/quote]

If they add an 'Outlets' tab to the top menu bar on O it'll be yippee.  If they do an eBay or Amazon and hide the stores it'll be Tongue2
I thought there would be an announcement during Oasis?  Tongue2
Pages: 1 2 3