TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Stores are coming soon...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[quote author=rossellini link=topic=2672.msg16653#msg16653 date=1151262944]
I thought there would be an announcement during Oasis?  Tongue2
[/quote]

Your thought was off by 4 months.  Tongue

Overstock says it will wait until after holidays to introduce its shops:

Quote:I'm sorry that we haven't had any solid updates on this for so long. We agree with many of you. Although we are excited to unveil the Outlets format, we do not feel it would in the selling public's best interest to do so this late in the year. When introduced, a major enhancement like Outlets should be well tested and have all the major bugs identified and fixed. Even then, when we launch it will take time for you to transition and be ready for the traffic.

Your time is better spent taking care of your customers during the busiest shopping season of the year, not scrambling to implement a new format and tweak your auction inventory/templates accordingly.

That said, I've received O'fficial word that Outlets are now scheduled to be introduced in 1st Quarter, 2007.

Thank you for your patience and interest!

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/vie...hp?t=14355&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I'm glad OS is out there.
But for me to list there it is like competing head to head with them
on the products I sell.

Glad they are SMART enough to NOT make
changes before the holiday though.  :Smile
Overstock says it will wait until after holidays to introduce its shops:

Gosh, why doesn't eBay ever think of that? 
Because they are morons.  ;D
Quote:Your time is better spent taking care of your customers during the busiest shopping season of the year, not scrambling to implement a new format and tweak your auction inventory/templates accordingly.

That said, I've received O'fficial word that Outlets are now scheduled to be introduced in 1st Quarter, 2007.

No announcement on pricing or whether the Outlets will be listed on the main Overstock site or on the auction site.

Quote:I'm glad OS is out there.
But for me to list there it is like competing head to head with them
on the products I sell.

We've never listed CDs on O because we can't compete with their low shipping rates or most of their prices.  We can compete with Amazon however since they tend to price their CDs near retail.

Quote:When asked about the promised Stores feature, Simon said Stores are not forthcoming. "When I came in there were just some other pressing projects that we needed to get through that are buyer-facing. The Stores - I'm not sure those are going to bring more bids. And my goal is to bring these sellers bids. We're going to focus on anything that brings bids."

"When I talked to our buyers/bidders about the auction site, that's not something they said was going to entice them to bid. They didn't feel the Stores being there would make them bid more, or less, really, they felt it in the middle. I don't see any benefit - if I'm shopping for a camera, I'm going to search for it. I don't necessarily need a Store to go into. Is it off forever? No, but it's not on the top of the list."

from an Auctionbytes interview with the new head of Overstock Auctions: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m11/i28/s01
:o

(Somebody should clue Stormy in - I don't give a shit about bids.  I care about profit.  Listing $100 items at 99 cents at auction will bring bids - maybe even on the big O - but won't necessarily bring profit.  Profit.) 
Pages: 1 2 3