TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PayPal Debit Card Glitch: Check Your Account If You Withdrew Money After 8/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was a glitch with many PayPal Debit Card withdrawals that occured between 8/30-9/2 that resulted in the amounts withdrawn being debited twice...and many customers now show a negative balance in their accounts.  Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire

example: you withdraw $100 on 9/1.  If you check your PayPal account you will likely see that PayPal has screwed up and is showing 2 withdrawals for $100--i.e. a total of $200 was debited (one on the date of the withdrawal and one the next day).

You can call PayPal's credit card department at 402-935-2017 if your account was double debited. 

There are also several threads on this "glitch" on eBay's PayPal board:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000022305&tstart=0&mod=1125726306995

if you go to the main PayPal board you will also see 20+ other threads all complaining about this problem.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jspa?forumID=97

Just great ... gas prices are skyrocketing, mother nature is throwing hissy fits and now we wont even have enough cash to deal with it all  BangHead BangHead

Angel  Angel1
After 1 1/2 hours on hold, we did get the double entries reversed a few minutes ago and no longer have a frK'n negative balance.. 

The CS rep just told me that the "glitch" is not fixed yet, and ANY pin-based (i.e. debit) transactions you make with the debit card will result in a double debit...so if you're going to use the card, use it as a credit card not debit card until the problem is fixed.
Whoa!  I posted it on the Stores Board.  I wonder if it is allowed to post PayPal's phone number?  Guess I will find out...
[quote author=Anita link=topic=295.msg1212#msg1212 date=1125765401]
Whoa!  I posted it on the Stores Board. 
[/quote]

and I posted this sarcastic reply

Quote:...check the PayPal board, it is full of threads/complaints about this problem (and surprisingly eBay Pink PayPal Amanda who usually appears any time some one mentions PayPal hasn't appeared once...apparently customers who now are showing negative account balances of as much as $900 as a result of this glitch are not a concern of hers)

Let's just say I find it verrrrrry annoying that neither eBay nor PayPal have posted any announcements anywhere on the eBay or PayPal sites to alert people to this unfixed problem.
Let's just say I find it verrrrrry annoying that neither eBay nor PayPal have posted any announcements anywhere on the eBay or PayPal sites to alert people to this unfixed problem.

You think they are going to change because ????
PayPal is now telling callers that "it's a system wide snafu of duplicating deductions, that they're aware off and it should be resolved within 4 days."  Dazed012

save long distances charges use their toll free 1-888-221-1161 number when calling
Auctionbytes story on "glitch"

http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y05/m09/i06/s02

Quote:there were no reports of any problems with PayPal accounts on the status board.

not a word on eBay's system announcement board