TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Changes to Contacting Buyers Through the Seller Account: No more email addresses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If they -> www.amazon.com/shops/caiman_com can do it on 2.1 Million items, I can do it on a few thousand..............maybe  Yellowtonguerazz
Maybe I won't need the www in my name after all.  Update:

Quote: Update: Contacting Buyers Through the Seller Account
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 2:09 PM

Dear Sellers,

We have received contacts from several sellers concerned about the changes we are making to the display of buyer e-mail addresses within the Seller Account. Some sellers have expressed concern that these changes will keep them from communicating with buying customers outside of Amazon’s systems.

The change we announced applies only to the Manage Your Orders and Payments Account area in your Seller Account on Amazon. "Sold, ship now" e-mails and Order Fulfillment Reports will continue to include the buyer’s e-mail address at this time.

Thank you for selling with Amazon.com.

http://www.amazonsellercommunity.com/for...dID=116412&tstart=0
So AOB will still be able to pull them??  (I think that means.  Please say yes.)

(Note to self . . . change my user ID on AZ if BBH gets away with it. Smile )

Echoing what BBH said . . . I think I've sold about half a dozen things on auction at AZ.  In 6 months.          Not a great auction site, but still better than anywhere else (for me) for books.  Not my highest ASP, but my highest number of sales.

Quote:"Sold, ship now" e-mails and Order Fulfillment Reports will continue to include the buyer’s e-mail address

yes
Quote:will continue to include the buyer’s e-mail address at this time.

I wonder if 'at this time' means they're considering not including it in the future.  :-\
At this time is the code phrase for "the second eBay bans all off site email communications we'll have an excuse to do it too"
Heh . . . since I get those "great communication" 4s, I'm not sure it'll make a difference to my AZ feedback if they do cut it off . . . .
Maybe eBay buyers won't leave feedback any more often then Amazon buyers do.  Wink

On a side note, I think ebay shoppers are often a different group (in general) from other Internet shoppers.

Hope I make sense.  I'm trying to not be offensive. 
Quote:I think ebay shoppers are often a different group (in general) from other Internet shoppers.

They are definitely a different group.  BangHead BangHead BangHead
BBH said:
Amazon has almost as many eyeballs as eBay but NONE of them are looking at auctions.

Well I wasn't sure and over the years I've listed there maybe three or four times but like you say NONE of them are looking at auctions so I have only a handful of sales.

I just not sure if I can justify the AZ shops monthly fee.
Isn't it like 15.00 a month or something?

It reminds of ebay stores.
Don't get me wrong I'm not putting Amazon down and if there is a shift away from ebay,
which I believe there is. I want to be where they eyeballs are to get more bang for my advertising buck.

They do seem to have a lot better control over their site.

I guess in a way that's been the real problem for me that has made me not look deeper.
I think they may have too much control.
Althogh on the other hand,
I havn't heard much bad about them.
I don't think there is an amazonsux.com site is there?

Anyway if running a few items their gets more exposure for only .10 cent a listing
for 14 days. I'm all for it.

Beats them sitting at ebay for 7 days and not moving for 1.05

So Isn't it like $15.00 a month or something for an AZ shop?
Pages: 1 2 3