TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Web Design and Carts and Whatever...............
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
About time you got on board XPP! We plan to put you to work.  Happy001
Bring IT girl.. but don't hand me that bone till  I'm done.
Or we will be just sitting looking at cool images all night.    Icon_scratch
If you purchase TT hosting initially without also buying an SSL certificate, but in the future you want to add this, are you able to change your hosting plan? I know that you have to pay a little more for a dedicated IP if I remember correctly what Regic told me.
I wasn't sure since you pay for a hosting plan for a year.

I am not going to start out with a merchant account, but do intend to add one later on. For now I will only use PP, and possibly google checkout, depending on compatibility w/ zen cart.

Quote:If you purchase TT hosting initially without also buying an SSL certificate, but in the future you want to add this, are you able to change your hosting plan? I know that you have to pay a little more for a dedicated IP if I remember correctly what Regic told me.
You don't need to change your hosting plan in order to add a dedicated IP.  You can purchase the dedicated IP from within your control panel.  If at some time you decide to upgrade to a different hosting plan you can also do that from within your control panel.

You can purchase your SSL certificate from any SSL provider. There are lists of SSLs  on TT. SSL cert prices range from $15-$20 GoDaddy to Verisign's $1000 certs. The $20 SSLs provide the same level of encryption as a $1000 Verisign cert.  Installing the SSL is simply a matter of copying and pasting into your control panel.
[quote author=regic link=topic=4437.msg43873#msg43873 date=1171596985]
Quote:If you purchase TT hosting initially without also buying an SSL certificate, but in the future you want to add this, are you able to change your hosting plan? I know that you have to pay a little more for a dedicated IP if I remember correctly what Regic told me.
You don't need to change your hosting plan in order to add a dedicated IP.  You can purchase the dedicated IP from within your control panel.  If at some time you decide to upgrade to a different hosting plan you can also do that from within your control panel.

You can purchase your SSL certificate from any SSL provider. There are lists of SSLs  on TT. SSL cert prices range from $15-$20 GoDaddy to Verisign's $1000 certs. The $20 SSLs provide the same level of encryption as a $1000 Verisign cert.  Installing the SSL is simply a matter of copying and pasting into your control panel.
[/quote]

Thanks Regic,
I found the one BBH posted for the Rapid SSL on theplanet website for 14.95 for a year. So far that is the best deal I have found.
Quote:I found the one BBH posted for the Rapid SSL on theplanet website for 14.95 for a year. So far that is the best deal I have found.

We always buy our SSLs (GeoTrust) there because they are the cheapest place we've found.  If you bought that same $14.95 RapidSSL certificate directly from the RapidSSL.com website it would cost $69.
I saw that. Big difference in price. I also found the same certificate for even less on http://www.servertastic.com/store/prodty...ggod2iIKuQ

Didn't know anything about this site, but I had seen your previous post for the other site.
Pages: 1 2 3