TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Single page checkout vs. Multiple Page Checkout?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm tweaking my ecommerce site's checkout system, I'm really troubled over whether or not to use a single-page checkout or a multiple-page checkout.

I know that the average person can be easily confused by too much data thrown at them at once, or they can be discouraged by too much information that needs to get filled out on one page. Therefore, even though I prefer the quick and easy one-page checkout, other users might find them daunting.

On the other hand, multiple page checkouts can seem daunting because there are so many steps to jump through--yet each time you complete a step, there's a sense of finality.

What do you guys like best when shopping online--and why do you prefer it? What do you find works best for your customers?

Multi page and clean IMO. As long as it is not like 12 pages like ebays SYI form .  ;D

To me the fewer the better and no bS stuff to distract them during the process.
2-page or multipage.  Most single page checkouts I've seen cram too much information on one page for the average shopper...but there is a good chance I've only seen the really crappy 1-pagers and there are better ones out there.  Big Grin
I'm on dial-up here. Crybaby2  The less pages the better.

If I ever manage to get a customer, I'll let you know what they prefer.  Lol
[quote author=PutzBear link=topic=5393.msg27018#msg27018 date=1160357287]
Most single page checkouts I've seen cram too much information on one page for the average shopper...but there is a good chance I've only seen the really crappy 1-pagers and there are better ones out there.  Big Grin
[/quote]

Have you looked at mine lately?  Bootyshake

http://www.volusion.com/onepagecheckoutoverlay.htm

[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=5393.msg27021#msg27021 date=1160359162]
Have you looked at mine lately?  Bootyshake
[/quote]

Lookin' good. Your checkout ain't bad either.
LOL. This is helpful, actually.

Hey landofsmiles, your karma is at 69. LOL.
69.. Hmm.. 69.. I'm pretty sure I know this one. It kinda rings a bell. Give me another hint.
Just picture a yin and a yang . . . that should jog the old memory.  Lol
Pages: 1 2