TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Bid-alot Still here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[quote author=Mojavelyn link=topic=5558.msg28725#msg28725 date=1161578644]
Amy, the sale went off excellently, I paid immediately and you shipped immediately and we both left feedback as soon as my daughter told me that the car arrived.

It was afterward that this post was made. I'm trying to find it too. Because it just really "got to me" and it has festered. I admit that. And every time a new member would sign up just to buy... I thought about that post. Yes, there are seller to seller sales but most of our sales occur from non-sellers.

As for the update... I understand that if a site falls below a certain rating that you take an action, thats minor. I know that a lot of sites are losing alexa's. Even TT is down over 12,000. No, my post had nothing to do with that. And to be totally truthful, I didn't even notice until you said something.

Did you ever wonder why I quit posting here? Or rarely posted? 2 or 3 times in a year?

It wasn't exactly something I wanted to read after I had just bought from you.
And trust me, it does take a lot of offend me.

[/quote]

Smileyviolin

Mandy, Excuse me for using the Bid-alot subforum for discussing Bid-alot.
[quote author=Mojavelyn link=topic=5558.msg28743#msg28743 date=1161613101]
Mandy, Excuse me for using the Bid-alot subforum for discussing Bid-alot.
[/quote]

There is a difference between a Bid-alot seller "discussing" the site and a Bid-alot staff member (i.e. you) starting threads to "promote" (i.e. advertise) the site. The last 5 threads you started in the Bid-alot forum were all promotional (i.e. advertisements).

The rules against advertising/promotional threads by auction site owners their representatives, or staff members have been the same since TulipTools opened.  OTWA has similar rules.
I'm not at member at OTWA. And I am a seller at Bid-alot.
Quote:I'm suprised BarginBloodhound isn't all over this... He bashed Bid-alot and me for being seller to seller sales when I bought from him and all I wanted a gift for my grandson.

I notice that you couldn't find the non-existent post which is because I didn't bash you or Bid-alot before today and you boinking know it.

The one post I did make that you seemed offended by (based on the post you made after mine that day).  was to jump into a Bidville thread on PSU 7 months after the b-a sale and defend a pair of Mad-Cow members (one of whom happened to be your "archenemy" Dimview) and criticize psunite for something he had said. I suppose that in your mind any action defending something dimview said (even if it had to do with Bidville and no mention was made of you or bid-alot at all) is an attack on both you and bid-alot.

Quote:did you ever wonder why I quit posting here?

A better question is how many people cared that Bid-alot's staff member who obviously lacks the reading comprehension skills to understand the "no advertising" messages posted all over TT wasn't promoting Bid-alot on the boards here.  Thefinger

Quote:I'm not at member at OTWA. And I am a seller at Bid-alot.

Your signature line everywhere but here (including on the bid-alot site) also says you are a bid-alot staff member.
All it took was an email to me. I wasn't all over the other boards. I was in the B-A forum.

And I've made  what ... exactly 60 posts in how long???

Quote:HiBidder domain creation date: 28 Jul 2005, 2479 sales (2200 members) =165 avg monthly sales
Bid-alot domain created on 22-Sep-2003, 2597 sales (7500 members) =70 avg monthly sales

Good god.The Pied Piper of Prattle's sucky sales exceed those monthly figures.  BA and HB should try Marty's vacation settings trick.  Happy001

Quote:All it took was an email to me. I wasn't all over the other boards. I was in the B-A forum.

And I've made  what ... exactly 60 posts in how long???

Stop being a :peepants: They usually fry folks who ignore the no spamming rule after ONE post.  Happy001
Mojavelyn, ARE you an employee of Bid-a-lot?

At Mootalk I remember you denying that you were an employee. You said you were just a positive seller.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5558.msg30869#msg30869 date=1162685858]
Mojavelyn, ARE you an employee of Bid-a-lot?

At Mootalk I remember you denying that you were an employee. You said you were just a positive seller.
[/quote]

She is listed as a staff member, Thentavius.
She vehemently denied being a staff member back at MooTalk. I remember the discussions, but as MT doesn't exist any more... I can't prove it.

Sheesh, Mojavelyn. Were you originally NOT a staff member? You denied being one to justify your support of B-A at MT. Dimview & co. always expected you were a staff member.
Pages: 1 2 3