TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Bid-alot Still here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5558.msg30873#msg30873 date=1162688707]
She vehemently denied being a staff member back at MooTalk. I remember the discussions, but as MT doesn't exist any more... I can't prove it.

Sheesh, Mojavelyn. Were you originally NOT a staff member? You denied being one to justify your support of B-A at MT. Dimview & co. always expected you were a staff member.
[/quote]

From the Bid-alot website:

[quote author=mandy link=topic=5558.msg28729#msg28729 date=1161588778]
Bid-alot blog Wrote:Mojavelyn
Bid-alot forums Wrote:Mojavelyn
Bid-alot Support Staff
[/quote]

PSU signature:
Quote:Bid-alot support staff

The reason we have the no advertising rules for auction owners, employees/staff (whether paid or unpaid) is because the individual auction forums here are for sellers.  The last thing I want is for the auction forums here to turn into a copy of PSU's nauseating "Auction Site Subforums" (bid-alot, hibidder, and 6 other tiny sites have subforums there) where almost every topic is started by a site owner, employee, staff member, or someone who is a board moderator on the auction site.  It's verrrry hard for sellers to make educated decisions in that environment where almost every thread is a thinly veiled advertisement by a representative of the site.
Mojavelyn Bid-alot Support Staff  :blinkie:

I just thought she was cute with the vale and all.  :oops:

Any "sellers" who are left on the "alternate" auctions sites,
still hoping for a bang for thier buck...
are NOT making educated decisions.

IMO of course.  :Smile

On a SIDE note:
I sure hope TT is NOT going to become yet another "bash em all" site / forum.
I would like to think that new ideas and new blood are welcome as we all work through
the BIGGEST disappointment we ALL came from.

I say hat's off to those who tried to make a difference. Wave
Quote:I sure hope TT is NOT going to become yet another "bash em all" site / forum.

Just the ones who deserve it.  :twistedevil:
Who would that be?  :Smile
Quote:It's verrrry hard for sellers to make educated decisions in that environment where almost every thread is a thinly veiled advertisement by a representative of the site.

Agreed.

Xppman, don't worry. MooTalk was probably the worst for that. BBH, Amy, & regic support many smaller and off-E venues. MooTalk did not. LOL.

OK  I remember the old days too.  8)
Just don't want to see NEW stuff go "slam" or even old tries.
I don't really KNOW who was good or who was bad..
Just wanted to SPEAK UP about slamming ALL who tried or are trying.  Smile
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=5558.msg30885#msg30885 date=1162692673]
Quote:I sure hope TT is NOT going to become yet another "bash em all" site / forum.

[/quote] Bolding is mine.

Let's see. Bid Alot is one site, right? Icon_scratch 

Okay, now we can go on slamming Bid Alot. Smileykoolaid
Xppman, this is getting old. Your thread qualifies as more of a bash (a direct bash in which you call Belli a "boinktard") than hers does.

You know I like you Xppman. Can we just drop this dumb "people vs. Belli" thing? Can we get over it? Is it possible?

Also, if you go back to my first few posts in this thread--you'll see I was positive about Mojavelyn's original post, even though she started off really sensitive, I tried to encourage her. I "know" her from a few boards and her walking-on-eggshells first post was weird, so I encouraged her not to be worried about getting bashed.

However, in the past she has vehemently denied being a B-a employee. She claimed she was "just a seller" and was supporting and promoting it out of her own kindness. She may have been just a seller back when she said that, but now she's certainly on the staff roll. Go figure.

She brought the ire on herself. It makes me upset to think she was truly a B-a employee (possibly all this time). She can't provide untainted opinions then, because she has a vested interest--therefore her posts ARE advertising.

She violated the TOS here, so she's made people upset. Simple as that.
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=5558.msg30885#msg30885 date=1162692673]

[/quote]

To anyone who had trouble figuring it out: the above was a JOKE.
I merged the off-topic fight posts from this thread with the latest fight thread :Smile

It really wouldn't be hard for everyone to stop fighting if you would use the ignore button. Smile

...now back to the bid-alot discussion.

The post that ICE made after this one was also merged into the same fight thread
Pages: 1 2 3