TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Review: Internet Explorer 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Microsoft unveiled the latest version of its popular Internet Explorer browser last week. IE7, the first overhaul for the application since 2001, is now available for download, and improves on usability and security by employing tabbed browsing and adding security features such as a phishing filter...

To give credit where it's due, Microsoft has now largely caught up with the competition...

Microsoft has redesigned the menus, buttons and icons at the top of the screen to streamline IE's command center and devote more real estate to the contents of the Web site you're browsing. No doubt about it, the look is cleaner -- only two lines of buttons and menu items at the top instead of three or more.

However, rearranging the furniture doesn't always make it easier to navigate the room...

full article: http://ecommercetimes.com/story/GywSVMHI...tors.xhtml
Quote:Windows XP users can download the IE7 update from Microsoft's Web site. Unfortunately, users of earlier Windows versions are stuck with IE6, Firefox or Opera -- a situation they'll undoubtedly gripe about.

Amazing how MS doesn't make this browser backward compatible with lower operating systems.

Well no it's not... They think peeps like ME will run out and buy Win XP
Not gonna happen.  Nono
I tried  XP on a rental... Didn't like it.
Xpp,
I FOUGHT to not have to give into going with XP, but when I bought a new computer... I had no choice.  Now that I am used to it, it isn't so bad.  I have Media XP.  It is kinda cool. 
XP sucks.  ;D  They made it harder to get under the hood and tinker.
Like the new cars. Plus the rental I had.. had all this
Pre loaded CRAP on it and it ran slow.  :Smile 
I agree about the tinkering... but it gives me less to screw up.  I didn't take my toys apart when I was a kid, so I don't know why the facination now.  lol

The FIRST thing I do is get rid of all the preloaded carp. 

I couldn't get rid of the preloaded carp.
It was locked somehow by the rental company.
Some type of security I guess in case I wanted to bolt out of state with their crappy XP loaded Dell.

Oh BTW Dell sucks too.  ;D
That makes sense that a rental wouldn't allow you to make any adjustments! 

I agree with you about Dell. 
Quote:Xpp,
I FOUGHT to not have to give into going with XP, but when I bought a new computer... I had no choice.  Now that I am used to it, it isn't so bad.  I have Media XP.  It is kinda cool.  

Same here.

My old system got hijacked and I *had* to get a new system--and all of them had XP.

The funny thing is, I can still run my old Windows 98 system--the one that's hijacked--in safe mode. It starts up and shuts down SO fast compared to this XP computer. This thing takes FOREVER to start up and shut down.
Actually, my xp starts up really fast, even with lots of stuff on it.  And I have the Office stuff, which I've never even used.  :Smile  It's the mcafee carp that takes forever.  >Sad 

I agree about it being slow to shut down, but I don't do that often.  It's a bit glitchy there, also.

Don't have any complaints on my Dell except the noisy stuff -- which TONS of owners have gritched about on the boards to no avail, so I just live with it....  Tongue

I guess if I wanted to spend some more bucks, I could get quiet motors and fans...
Well I still have win 98SE.
It's usually very fast but now newer programs are not available to work with it.
This is the part that sucks about Microsoft. They stopped or are stopping support
and updates for 98.
The new browser wont work, some firewall programs are no longer doing updates too.
I'm finding out all kind of things that is being discountinued.

Pretty sorry company when you think about it, that don't support it's own products anymore.

I know what it's all about... FORCED upgrade so they make more $$$.

I'll stick with my Win98 till it wont run anymore.
Then when I'm ready to build my next computer I'll look into another operating system
and see what's out there.

I can't complain thought the only time I've EVER paid for an MS operating system
was when I purchased the 98 SE upgrade at (DUCK).....  Wally World for 98.00.

Yep I can't remember how many systems I've built but the good old
copy of win 98SE has worked for all of them.
If I'm not mistaken you can't load XP or those others on several computers you own can you?
I mean the one copy (disk).

That's another thing. If I ever purchased a computer at a retail store and
ALL the software don't come with it (in CD form) they can keep it.

PS
Fans are cheap these days and simple to replace old noisy ones.
Pages: 1 2