TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Firefox: 9 reasons to Just Say No to 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Firefox 2.0 has officially been released for download by Mozilla.  Despite great fanfare, new features, and a growing user base, many problems are already surfacing with the new release of the Firefox browser.  While some were already underwhelmed with the now-released product, and disputed the 2.0 badge, it seemed that the development was following the Mozilla Roadmap quite closely.

However, in the few days since the release, the lack of polished improvements combined with a high level of user satisfaction with the older version of the browser have given rise to a growing sense that upgrading to 2.0 might not be a good idea...

Reports indicate that episodes of random freezing during use are worse with the 2.0 version, though a cause has not yet been isolated...

full article: http://listvine.com/2006/10/25/9-reasons...irefox-20/
Quote:Reports indicate that episodes of random freezing during use are worse with the 2.0 version, though a cause has not yet been isolated

I can attest to the flaw cited above. :Smile

I upgraded from FF 1.5 (or 1.7--whatever the latest was) to 2.0 about a week ago.

Since that time I have had several crashes.  >Sad

I do not really see any major improvements in the new version either. If I had the choice to make over again, I would have continued using the older version.
Thanks Belle for letting us know.

I have decided not to upgrade FF or CRE loaded until after the Holidays.
[quote author=maryrussel link=topic=5641.msg29951#msg29951 date=1162237733]
Thanks Belle for letting us know.

I have decided not to upgrade FF or CRE loaded until after the Holidays.

[/quote]

You are welcome, Mary. If it were me, I would not upgrade at all until they fix all this stuff! Mine crashed again twice today. BangHead
Wiped out all my history too!! Tongue2

Edited to correct spelling.
Here's my 2p...

If I had my druthers, I wouldn't upgrade ANYTHING to X Dot ZERO EVER!

'Course that's in a perfect world...

I'm still waiting for IE 7 to implode.   Smileyyellowbang

[quote author=FiberGuy link=topic=5641.msg29983#msg29983 date=1162247246]
Here's my 2p...

If I had my druthers, I wouldn't upgrade ANYTHING to X Dot ZERO EVER!

'Course that's in a perfect world...

I'm still waiting for IE 7 to implode.  Smileyyellowbang

[/quote]You are soooooo right, Fg!! Happy001
The Firefox 2 alphas worked great.
Firefox 2 beta 1 crashed every few minutes.
FF2 beta 2 and the release candidates worked great.
The final version of Firefox 2 SUCKS!

The memory leak problems I had in version 1.0 (and to a lesser extent in 1.5) and that weren't present in the alpha/beta/rc versions are back and worse than in 1.0 or 1.5. After using the alpha/beta FF2 versions for months, I'm now using Opera and Flock more and more because of the problems with FF 2.0.
Quote:The final version of Firefox 2 SUCKS!

Amen! Tongue2
Have they hired microsoft or ebay techies?  ???
[quote author=stardust link=topic=5641.msg30069#msg30069 date=1162261851]
Have they hired microsoft or ebay techies?   ???
[/quote]

Ebay doesn't have techies... their "IT Department" is actually the San Jose Junior High Computer Class working on Apple IIe's.  They get intern credits for working on ebay stuff.

Wink

Pages: 1 2