TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Newbie Wanting a Webstore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ok... help!!!  I have looked at presto (from code crew) and can't seem to find a price anywhere for a store.  I've looked at shoppal - they seem a little steep, but we'll see.  I need to know what I need to do, and where I should go to get started.  I"d like to use a simple template-based cart.  Oh I've also looked into PSU storefronts, as well.  $9.99/month doesn't seem bad at all.

Thoughts, suggestions, advice... directions??
For as new as I am to this, I do believe that a hosted cart is going to be my best bet, but something that I can tweak and customize as well.  I've been looking at citymax and they seem to have a great list of features and bonues (Google Adwords, etc).  What do you think about this?
Quote:PSU storefronts, as well.  $9.99/month doesn't seem bad at al

The last time I looked, PSU used Zen carts. Ask Bob(psunite) if you can play with one for a few days to see if you will be able to manage it prior to signing up. Zen, IMO, is not for beginners.

shoppal is reasonably priced and a good solution. You can also look into City Max Smile

http://www.citymax.com

sniped!!

City Max is a good choice for you to start with and they have excellent customer service!
Quote:The last time I looked, PSU used Zen carts.

PSU Stores use Joomla (cms)/VirtueMart (cart).
This guy set his up on Citymax:

http://www.springlering.com/articles/art.../66105.htm

Citymax doesn't have a search feature, but he put in his own.

I guess they don't have support forums, but they do have this blog:

http://www.websitesupportblog.com/

Good luck with whatever you pick. Kim
[quote author=Kristijntje link=topic=6396.msg38367#msg38367 date=1167333492]

[/quote]

Thanks, Kristijntje.  Is Joomla easy for beginners, do you know?
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=6396.msg38369#msg38369 date=1167333913]
[quote author=Kristijntje link=topic=6396.msg38367#msg38367 date=1167333492]

[/quote]

Thanks, Kristijntje.  Is Joomla easy for beginners, do you know?
[/quote]

I've been using the demo over at PSU this morning (just browsing mostly) and it doesn't lok overly complicated.  Plus a lot of the PSUers are always around to help and storefront users have a forum all their own once you get access via buying the storefront.  I'm thinking this will be my choice, because $9.99/mo seems really great and I already know from experience thast eveyrone at PSU is very helpful. 

Citymax is $20/mo still not bad all things considered.  Citymax has more templates, too.  Presto has a lot of customizing features but I can't for the life of me figure out how much the dang thing costs!

And I've ruled out shoppal due to the cost. $30/mo is silly when there are other sites that are cheaper that I know I can learn how to use.

Anyone know if FVFs apply with hosted carts?
Quote:Citymax is $20/mo still not bad all things considered.  Citymax has more templates, too.  Presto has a lot of customizing features but I can't for the life of me figure out how much the dang thing costs!
CityMax has one glaring drawback that will kill you if you have a lot of items: no site search.  PrestoStores is $29.99 monthly for unlimited items.

Quote:Anyone know if FVFs apply with hosted carts?

The only 2 that charge FVF fees on sales are eBay ProStores and Yahoo Stores...which is why you'll never hear me recommend either one of them.

And Yahoo and ProStores are both very expensive aren't they?  $40/mo plus 1.5% FVF  - that's dumb.
Screw Yahoo. It sucks. They claim full design flexibility--but that only works if you use an archaic system of hand-linking each product from your product database (unless you don't mind their dull templates).

Plus, the FVF...
Pages: 1 2 3 4