TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Anita Caves In!!! Reopens FeeBay Store For the Holidays!!! Read All About It!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Anita does ebay still take fees on charity auctions (listing and FVF) on top of what MissionFish takes?  If they do then thats a new low in my book

Quote:When a seller elects to donate at least 90% of an eBay Giving Works listing's final sale price to a certified nonprofit in the program and the item sells, eBay will donate the Insertion and Final Value Fees paid by the seller to the organization designated within the listing, up to a total of $2 million per year.

Quote:Reserve fees and optional feature fees are not included in the fee donation.
An item must sell in order to prompt a fee donation.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/givingwo...olicy.html

Any money from listing/FVF fees eBay donates isn't given until the next quarter so they earn interest on the amount of the fees for a few months. If you run a charity auction now, eBay won't donate the listing fees until February 10th (and they will keep any amount over $2 million)

I opted out of the possibility of giving any refunds, so the money goes to the charity right away. 

Soooooo, if any refunds are needed or if someone doesn't pay I will be out more dough.

Yes, I am losing money.  However, I am getting rid of my inventory... slowly but surely... and some money is getting to the charity. 

My tax man is going to LOVE me this year because MissionFish gives me a receipt for $10.00 (minimum that HAS to be given.) but the buyer paid part of that. 
is that a new Leonard Pic or have I just not been paying attention?  :jrcat:
Naw, it is an old picture.  He still looks the same though!  I changed to that one because it is a close up of his face.  Smile

Now that our kids are almost 19 years old and not at a cute stage, Wink I'm trying to get good pictures of the furkids for our Christmas cards this year. 
some " loser, with toooooo much time on their hands" apparently isn't a big fan of charity auctions:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000047267&tstart=0

Quote:According to a pink, eBay spends two seconds or less viewing a reported ...
azsoftwareforless  (1324 ) View Listings | Report Nov-13-05 06:46 PST

... violation of your listings. It is TRUE folks! A loser, with toooooo much time on their hands has something against Katrina Relief efforts and reported all my listings. eBay pulled them all, whether they were in violation or not.
As most of you know, I was getting out of the software selling business anyway. I ran the Katrina Relief Auctions to unload what software I left and help charity at the same time.
Even with eBay/MissionFish reguiring a minimum of $10.00 donation, taking $3.00 per transaction AND 2.9% of each listing... I was able to donate over $1000.00 to charity!!
Thank you ALL that made purchases, donations, and gave of your time to help me with banners, logos, etc.
See you at "The River!"

Anita

Smileyitit
Got to love feebay... What a bunch of morons.
If they keep messing with so many, soon there will be noone to pay all the fees.

Sorry Anita  :-(
Don't be sorry.  I have disliked eBay for a loooooong time!  I found it funny that they pulled my listings (store and auction) that WERE in compliance as well.  Morons. 

My store description stated how much money eBay/MissionFish takes from each charity listing.  That was posted on all my listings.  eBay didn't like that.

Also, my banner (logo?) stated that all proceeds would be donated. That was also on all my listings.  ebay didn't like that either.

I wasn't going to change my wording and logo for charity and non-charity listings.  It was just a matter of time before some loser was bored and reported me! 

Meanwhile, I did raise over $1000 for charity.  So...*uck em!  (my apologies)

Quote:My store description stated how much money eBay/MissionFish takes from each charity listing.  That was posted on all my listings.  eBay didn't like that.

Probably not.  I don't think most people are aware of the huge chunk of the donation Mission Fish takes for itself.
Quote:Also, my banner (logo?) stated that all proceeds would be donated. That was also on all my listings. ebay didn't like that either.

why?
[quote author=amy link=topic=686.msg4785#msg4785 date=1132010435]
Quote:Also, my banner (logo?) stated that all proceeds would be donated. That was also on all my listings. ebay didn't like that either.

why?
[/quote]

Not all my listings were listed through MissionFish.  Therefore, I was not allowed to refer to proceeds being donated to charity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5