TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: EBay explains why it pulled Britney Spears' bra from auction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Britney Spears cancels auction of bra

news story: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20051010/ap_en_mu/spears_auction_2

Quote:She writes on her Web site she took down the listing because she was concerned it was being sold as something it's not. She says it's true she wore it for an HBO promotion, she did not wear it onstage during a "...Baby One More Time" performance.

Bidding for the bra had reached $47,000
[quote author=mandy link=topic=696.msg2793#msg2793 date=1128955143]

Quote:She writes on her Web site she took down the listing because she was concerned it was being sold as something it's not. She says it's true she wore it for an HBO promotion, she did not wear it onstage during a "...Baby One More Time" performance.
[/quote]

Nice stunt to get free publicity. :Smile
[quote author=rose link=topic=696.msg2800#msg2800 date=1128960511]
Nice stunt to get free publicity.
[/quote]

I'll say.  She should have figured that out before she listed it.  This tells me she is more concerned about the possible reasons why someone is buying the bra than being concerned about raising money for the charity.  This disgusts me and is selfish on her part.
[quote author=rose link=topic=696.msg2800#msg2800 date=1128960511]

Nice stunt to get free publicity. :Smile
[/quote]

For both eBay and Britney--at the expense of the charity and bidders.
Since she pulled it so unceremoniously due to apparent false, misleading information, what say we suggest she donate the lost funds to her charity?  Hmmm?  Seems fair to me...........  Icon_scratch  I'm sure she can afford it.  Tongue3
[quote author=stardust link=topic=696.msg2812#msg2812 date=1128970525]
Since she pulled it so unceremoniously due to apparent false, misleading information, what say we suggest she donate the lost funds to her charity?  Hmmm?  Seems fair to me...........  Icon_scratch  I'm sure she can afford it.   Tongue3
[/quote]

Sounds good to me  Mrgreen ...and I say we suggest eBay match her donation.  eBay received a huge amount of free publicity over the past few weeks due to "employee errors" in cancelling the Britney Bra and NASCAR Thrown Helmet auctions ...   :Smile

Quote:false, misleading information

hmmm, kind of like the 100s of 'item not as described' complaints in the feedback profile of the PeSA member she chose to handle the auction for her.  Guess they were made for each other.  :twistedevil:
Pages: 1 2 3