TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Shocking Exposé! Rainbow People Caught in the Act of Encouraging Shill Bidding!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From Channel Advisor CEO Scott Wingo's blog:

Quote:eBay UK has a new commercial that's causing a stir.  It features the rainbow people and this time Green is cleaning out her closet/wardrobe (designer handbags)...

Sellers in the UK are concerned by the ad because:...

2. Green's friends (pictured) enter stage left and Blue says: "i'll buy them", followed by Red who says: "i'll bid!"  As any professional seller will tell you - encouraging your friends or anyone to connected with you to bid/buy your items is a clear violation of eBay's Shill Bidding Policy...

full article: http://ebaystrategies.blogs.com/ebay_str...n_it_.html
Problem is that Red is NARU and Blue bids but won't pay.  Big Grin

Afterwards, Purple comes over, makes a quiet offer, and the sale happens without eBay fees.    ;D
[quote author=accentnepal link=topic=7147.msg42708#msg42708 date=1170850438]
Problem is that Red is NARU and Blue bids but won't pay.  Big Grin

Afterwards, Purple comes over, makes a quiet offer, and the sale happens without eBay fees.    ;D
[/quote]

Laughing4

On a more serious note, the commercial is a really dumb move on ebay's part. It does seem to encourage the use of shills.  Violent1
D'oh!
Perfect timing by eBaY.  eBay's shill bidding problem is front page news in England and eBaY responds with a shill bidding Rainbow people ad.    Happy001
[quote author=accentnepal link=topic=7147.msg42708#msg42708 date=1170850438]
Problem is that Red is NARU and Blue bids but won't pay.   Big Grin

[/quote]

Thanks for reminding me why I don't sell on eBay.  ;D
Rob just shakes his head and groans...
Lol, Rob, it is pretty funny! Happy001
This corporation, that affects the livelihood of so many people, is lurching along like a drunken bulldozer.
[quote author=accentnepal link=topic=7147.msg43495#msg43495 date=1171278827]
This corporation, that affects the livelihood of so many people, is lurching along like a drunken bulldozer.
[/quote]

Yes, it is. And each time eBay makes another large blunder, I am astonished that the investors allow current management to continue in their positions. I must be naive. :Smile
Pages: 1 2