TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Stores October Brown Bag for Stores! Wednesday 10/26 11am PDT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Oops, looks like Hans needs to brush up on his salesman skills because this eBay Store owner isn't buying his sales pitch for featured stores

Quote:I followed your link & got irrelevent ads, then did a search with "Abercrombie jeans," which gives me a page where I have to make a decision of what I want (no ads on this page). I chose "all Abercrombie jeans," and the ads are for: landscape art & member toolbar. I have tried this numerous times on different days & times, and I have never seen an ad for an eBay store which sells Abercrombie jeans.

The problem with this, is that it makes these ads less effective, as buyers don't expect to see results there that are relevent to what they're looking for. I gave up looking at them a long time ago. They're like bad Google ads...at least the Google ads are usually somewhat relevent.

The keywords ads need more work before I bother with them.

Re: #35? And my question regarding how to get my store listed in the list under the left-hand side search where eBay stores are listed:

This really irritates me. So, to get my "store" listed under "stores" in that section, I have to list my "store" items as auctions.

I'm just not seeing much purpose in even having a store anymore. I really only get exposure for my auctions.

You're not selling me on any advantages for featured stores.

And to even get listed as a "store" to search under the search bar, I have to list more auctions.

And, you're willing to give tons of statistics regarding other features (such as listing jeans using the sizing tool), but you won't release statistics that will sell me on being a featured store, as in how much traffic goes to the hub?

You're really talking me into just bailing on the store altogether.

Sheesh.

xxxxx
[ebay store name]

The most poorly attended BBL ever. Don't people care about stores any more?  Laughing7
Do you mean 7/11's?
Yes we care about those. Unfortunately we will have to get back to you on what we think about them.
In the meantime please feel free to drink the  Smileykoolaid
Did we mention the  Smileykoolaid  was FREE?

What a crock of IT.

Amy
I love you.  Headbang
Good to see someone is watching all this carp and reporting it.

Great work. Hey do you EVER get any sleep???
The BBL was just such an awful one this month.  I did truly want to come through the screen at my Pink Pal Terry and tell him to stop typing these little platitudes about how eBay T&S is certainly working hard to stopping fraud within the "community."  What a load ...

Patrice
Quote: eBay T&S is certainly working hard to stopping fraud within the "community."

:lol14n:
Welllll, technically that might be true - NARUing sellers late on their fees, giving us grief at every possible opportunity...SO yes, you could definately say that they are working hard to stop fraud within the community.

It's these guys that show up out of nowhere for a few days to run a quick scam, that haven't had time to be members of the community, that they have no handle on whatsoever.
No matter how you slice IT.

ebay has become SHHHHHHHH    IT. 

IMO of course.  Mrgreen
[quote author=xppman link=topic=923.msg3925#msg3925 date=1130547073]
No matter how you slice IT.

ebay has become SHHHHHHHH     IT. 

IMO of course.  Mrgreen
[/quote]

Couldnt agree with you more xpp thats why I closed my store.  Just couldnt take all the crap anymore.  Pizza boxes instead of pictures, they want you to promote other sellers (are they insane), other stores box on auction pages (thats a joke), cant fix the glitches but add so-called enhancements, flea market mentality, traffic down, sales down, NPB's up and fees up. 

My site is doing much better and I would rather focus on that then on all the problems with ebay  Wink

Angel  Angel7

[quote author=Angel link=topic=923.msg3950#msg3950 date=1130605763]

Couldnt agree with you more xpp thats why I closed my store.  Just couldnt take all the crap anymore.  Pizza boxes instead of pictures, they want you to promote other sellers (are they insane), other stores box on auction pages (thats a joke), cant fix the glitches but add so-called enhancements, flea market mentality, traffic down, sales down, NPB's up and fees up. 

My site is doing much better and I would rather focus on that then on all the problems with ebay  Wink

[/quote]
the unknown storeowner Wrote:This really irritates me. So, to get my "store" listed under "stores" in that section, I have to list my "store" items as auctions.

I'm just not seeing much purpose in even having a store anymore. I really only get exposure for my auctions.

You're not selling me on any advantages for featured stores.

And to even get listed as a "store" to search under the search bar, I have to list more auctions.

Cowcheer gimme an E! gimme a B! gimme an A! gimme a Y! Yaay eBay! Cowcheer
unknown store owner Wrote:This really irritates me. So, to get my "store" listed under "stores" in that section, I have to list my "store" items as auctions.

In one of my categories I would have had to list between 150-200 auctions just to be in that little box  :blinkie:  Whats the point of having a store if most of my stock had to be listed as auctions just to get noticed?  Completely defeats the purpose of a store yet ebay keeps saying that it works the way it was intended  :Smile (which of course means list more auctions so we can get more fees from you  Wink )

Angel  Angel7
Quote: Whats the point of having a store if most of my stock had to be listed as auctions just to get noticed?

The selection of the stores that appeared in the "stores box" on the search pages used to be based on the number of items listed in the store not on the number of auction items. Featured stores were given priority. We were always in that box and it really helped sales.  When eBay changed to the present "number of  auctions" selection method for that box in late Spring 2003 it reallly reallly reallly hurt our sales.
Pages: 1 2 3