TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Study Shows Most Purchases Made by Buyers Who Use 2-3 Word Search Terms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Research ...shows that 68% of online UK purchases were made by shoppers using 2-3 word terms when searching for products.

The study confirms something experienced search marketers have long claimed - it is worth concentrating on more specific terms as these offer a better chance of conversion. In addition to the 68% of total sales originating from 2-3 word search terms, the study surprisingly highlighted that people are more likely to buy with 4-word queries (12%) than they are with single words (11%). 

full article: http://www.e-consultancy.com/newsfeature...words.html
Quote:shoppers using 2-3 word terms

Very true!  I am much more likely to search on the term "eBay sux" than I am "eBay"  Smile

Quote:people are more likely to buy with 4-word queries (12%) than they are with single words (11%).

Big Grin  Interesting.

These findings could save you money on your next AdWords campaign: Tulips $0.96, fresh cut tulips $0.31;
I rarely use 1-word searches when I'm buying