TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Ewaey Looks like shades of WP 2005
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
He's back.  The maintenance period was so he could add a sideways scroll to the home page because studies done by the Boinktardo Research Institute indicate that everyone loves being forced to scroll sideways to see a web page.  :Smile
Quote:Delete the Site for the 6th Time in 3 Years!

My prediction: Ewaey 5 deletion and Ewaey 6 launch  in January...March if Santa is nice to him this year.
A message from Alex to an Ewaey cheerleader posted at PSU:
Quote:Hello Everyone.
eWaey has been closed for legal reasons which I will not disclose here at this moment.
All I want to say is thank you all for believing on our ideas and new concepts.
It was a journey. One with ups and downs. I learned alot and to be honest I am a better person and have gained much much experience in the web world. God knows I tried to make ewaey a success!
But circumstances that were out of my control made take a harsh decision to shut it down.
I really hope that one day the internet world would have a second great auction site that could take ebays place.
Maybe...one day.
Alex

He has got to be the ultimate boinktard auction site owner. Rich, Ray, Mo, Mark, Ray (again) can't hold a candle to this jackass. How many times can the same excuses be OK with the members?

But the real question... How long before he reopens it as "New and Improved?" And, what happens to all the info from the thousands of users he loaded from the old Ewaey databases? If he kept them for the January relaunch, then won't he keep them for his next joke site?
Alex is so predictable... Happy001
The ex-moderators/associates/administrators of Ewaey (otherwise known as boinktards) have started an Alex-less spinoff phpProBid site called cMyBid (with private WHOIS data naturally).

My gripe aimed at several boinktard-led phpProBid sites...

cmybid TOS Wrote:Laws.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of The United States of America and any disputes will be decided only by the Courts of United States of America.

The stock TOS for probid says "governed by the laws of England and Wales" (because pro bid is a UK company).  The boinktard owners of these sites don't seem to realize that while "governed by the laws of England and Wales" is acceptable for a UK based company, changing the text to  "governed by the laws of the United States of America" is not acceptable for a US based company.

Here, take a hint fucktards:

eBay TOS Wrote:This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within California between California residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against eBay must be resolved by a court located in Santa Clara County, California, except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in the Arbitration Option paragraph below. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Santa Clara County, California for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
TulipDomains TOS Wrote:The TOS and the relationship between Member and TulipDomains shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York. Member and TulipDomains agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of New York, in the state of New York...
Yahoo TOS Wrote:The TOS and the relationship between you and Yahoo! shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Yahoo! agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Santa Clara, California.
ThePlanet TOS Wrote:THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY DISPUTE ARISING FROM THE PERFORMANCE OR BREACH HEREOF SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED AND ENFORCED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT REFERENCE TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PRINCIPLES AND EXCLUDING ANY APPLICATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS. CUSTOMER (I) HEREBY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE COURTS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS LOCATED IN HARRIS COUNTY

Yes boys and girls, if you're writing a TOS for a US site/business you need to put the state and county not the friggin' country.  Morons.

Quote:Yes boys and girls, if you're writing a TOS for a US site/business you need to put the state and county not the friggin' country.  Morons.

Imagine if he had decided to become a school teacher....... Happy001
[quote author=regic link=topic=16932.msg71571#msg71571 date=1217020457]
Quote:Yes boys and girls, if you're writing a TOS for a US site/business you need to put the state and county not the friggin' country.  Morons.

Imagine if he had decided to become a school teacher....... Happy001
[/quote]

Worse yet, imagine YOU as a schoolteacher. :blinkie:
sneaky in June Wrote:Go For It! Pull the Plug!
Delete the Site for the 6th Time in 3 Years!
Do it!
Do it!
Do it NOW!
ewaey in July after deleting the site Wrote:Hello Everyone.
eWaey has been closed for legal reasons which I will not disclose here at this moment.
All I want to say is thank you all for believing on our ideas and new concepts.
It was a journey. One with ups and downs. I learned alot and to be honest I am a better person and have gained much much experience in the web world. God knows I tried to make ewaey a success!
But circumstances that were out of my control made take a harsh decision to shut it down.
I really hope that one day the internet world would have a second great auction site that could take ebays place.
Maybe...one day.
Alex

coming soon...the opening and deletion of Ewaey VII :Smile
I wanted to clarify that we have already addressed the issue on our forum.  We actually are new owners.  There has been lots of speculation to who the 3 owners are of cMy Bid and as I have stated to some others that say we owe people a list of who the sponsors and owners and partners and so on are not required.  We respect our sponsors as well as our members privacy. 

We do not feel the need to do that.  But as we have stated we are a whole new deal.  Alex is gone and yes we gave a home to the associates from over there to be Mods on the forum but that is it.  Noone has access to the site nor do they on the forum in the back end.
As the admins here know that unless you are given direct change of account info to a specific group you can not access the admin panel.

We also were not associates or partners or anything like that.  We just listed on eWaey heard all the crap and decided we were going to leave and do our own.  We were not sure if it would actually go under but as past has shown it would.  We wanted to make sure incase the other listers wanted a place to go quickly with listers who knew there situation we were there.  As well as we offered all of the previous eWaey listers a discount for all fees.   They deserved alteast that.

We owners are actually not all in one state as well as we have been focusing on bigger issues than the TOS since its a general for all of US at the moment.
Such as the SSL and the setup of the site.  The closing of that other place was alot quicker than we anticipated and now we are trying to play catch up and that is with only 3 people and 1 of which has a full time job.

Just thought I would post to try to help clarify a few things. 

Thank you for letting me ramble Big Grin

You are seriously lacking credibility by your refusal to name the owners. No serious business person would do business with you under those circumstances. :Smile

EDIT: I'd also say that the TOS is a priority which should certainly be considered prior to getting a site up and running.  :Smile :Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5