TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A Bonanzle WooHoo.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
At that rate, she'll make $5,384.52 a year. Not sure if she should've shared these numbers or kept them to herself. (From PSU)

Quote:How am I doing on Bonanzle

100 transactions & 153 items total as of May 18, 2009

About Payment method

54 paid with PayPal

45 paid with Google Checkout

1 Money Order

Who are the buyers?

100 transactions to date

Bonanzle Users – 5

Customers from the bay – 1

Customers from search (Google…) - 94

How much are they buying?

In 100 transactions I have sold

153 total items

Total Gross Sales to Date –

Dec. $95.00 - 6 items (activated Booth 15 December)

Jan. $231.50 - 12 items

Feb. $353.00 - 23 items

Mar. $618.70 - 41 items

April. $483.95 - 36 items

May $461.40 - 35 item

Total items sold - 153

Total $2243.55

Total fess to date on Bonanzle

Dec. $6.00

Jan. $9.00

Feb. $17.00

Mar. $27.00

April $26.00

May $19.00

Total fees - $105.00

Fees I would have paid if these sales were on eBay

Store Subscription (I had a feature store) 49.99 x 6 mo -$299.94

Picture Manager Subscription – 10 x 6 months -$60.00

Insertion fees for average of 900 listings x 6 mo (store) -$162.00

Final Value fees – 12% x $2243.55= $269.23

PS discount – typically 15% = $40.38

Ignoring fees I would have paid for auction & fixed insertion fees and NPBs

Total fees = $750.97

Total Difference in Fees Paid

$750.97 - eBay

$105.00 - Bonanzle

[size=18px]Total Difference in fees $645.79[/size]

Traffic to my booth since Dec 15th to May 18th Morning

Visits = 14,970
Unique Visitors = 9,808
Page Views = 29,745

Traffic Source break down

Search Engines – 11,293 (75.44%)

Referring Sites- 1,956 (13.07%)

Direct Traffic – 1,721 (11.50%)

New Visits & Daily Average

94.06 Visits / Day

New Visits – 65.259%

Bonanzle info 5/18/2009

# Sellers 14,534

# Bonanzle Booths 16,270

# Registered Bonanzle Users 58,524

# Listings 1,924,430

% ratio of Buyers to Sellers

25% sellers

75% Buyers

These numbers other than the Bonanzle info on member count.... are relative to my experience on Bonanzle and eBay.
She neglected to post the total difference in sales during that 6 month period between what she would have sold on eBay (PowerSeller, $1000+ monthly) and her current Bonanzle sales (averaging under $400).  Smile
She could have saved herself a lot of typing by just posting links to the eBay and Bonanzle fee schedules. Lol

My take on Bonanzle's "low" fees...

2 eBay Gold Powersellers decide to leave eBay....

Seller A moves to Bonanzle and sells 200 items at an average order value of $51 their first month.
TOTAL FEES (excluding payment processing): $600

Seller B starts their own website and sells 200 items at an average order value of $51 their first month.  Their monthly web hosting cost is $15.
TOTAL FEES (excluding payment processing): $15

Hope this helps! Yellowtonguerazz

Quote:2 eBay Gold Powersellers decide to leave eBay....

Seller A moves to Bonanzle and sells 200 items at an average order value of $51 their first month.
TOTAL FEES (excluding payment processing): $600

Seller B starts their own website and sells 200 items at an average order value of $51 their first month.  Their monthly web hosting cost is $15.
TOTAL FEES (excluding payment processing): $15

A third Ebay gold powerseller moves to Wagglepop......

1 sale per month
200 months store fees at $39 per month to reach 200 sales
TOTAL FEES $7800 Happy001 Happy001
Quote:A third Ebay gold powerseller moves to Wagglepop......

wrong thread sharkass Thefinger

back to topic:
Quote:Store Subscription (I had a feature store) 49.99 x 6 mo -$299.94
Picture Manager Subscription – 10 x 6 months -$60.00

WHY?

subtracting her waste of $198 for a featured store and $60 for picture manager (Auctiva is free), the difference in fees between eBay and Bonanzle is $388. 

Quote:She neglected to post the total difference in sales during that 6 month period between what she would have sold on eBay (PowerSeller, $1000+ monthly) and her current Bonanzle sales (averaging under $400).

The 6 month difference in sales is $3,756-$15,750 (based on her former Bronze PS status)
From the Bonanzle Forums: Everybody gets a sale!  Big Grin  (notice it is singular and not plural)
Here is the link  http://www.bonanzle.com/forums/12/topics/62698

I can't seem to paste the text here but in case the thread gets eaten by the ghost, it basically asks sellers to join groups to take turns buying off of each other.  Headbang

Are they serious or are these just cool games to pass the time away between handling sales from real buyers...if Bonanzle is the site that is going to give eBay a "run for their money" then no site ever will.

I'm closing my booth and sticking with eBay. 7 months of work for nothing.  In the future I will avoid sites that have 2.1 million listings and 80,000 members but over 90 percent of the feedback comes from buyers who just who also happen to have stores on the same site....what did Bonanzle do to brainwash so many people? How can so many gullible people end up in the same place at the same time?

I can't post this on Bonanzle forums. The post would vanish. I can't post this on seller forums or in my blog because I'll be hounded by wide eyed Bonanzle Boobs to the grave so I am posting here. I have seen members here shred pretenders to eBay's throne and I have a single question for this forum. Why are you giving such an obvious loser site like Bonanzle a free pass? It is only about 50 times as bogus as any other site I have read about in these forums. Did they slip something in the Kool Aid here too?
Quote:it basically asks sellers to join groups to take turns buying off of each other.

iOffer groups 2005-now flashback

Quote:35 Promo Forums that do not have any kind of limits !
http://www.bonanzle.com/forums/3/topics/53452

Bidville forums 2001-2008 flashback

WBHarding Wrote:I hope that people will open their mind to a new and easier way of selling and buying online.
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...l#msg71705

Is Bonanzle a new way or is it an eBayAlt 2.0 mashup of eBayAlt 1.0 failed selling strategies?
Actually, BV did impose limits the last couple of years it was around, and for the usual reasons. There's always someone to take advantage when there are no rules.

Some people are doing well at Bonanzle, others not so much. It's like any other site out there except for one thing, it's a phenomenon.  For whatever reason Bonanzle has broken longstanding records and that's got to be an indicator of some kind. Take it for what it's worth, but no other site has seen such extraordinary growth.  Bonanzle has a better than average chance of succeeding just for that reason alone.

No one said a post ebay world would be easy. There's a scramble for the top. Bonanzle detractors are coming out of the woodwork, but Bonanzle's growth has not slowed down one bit. This is a guestimate because I haven't looked for a few weeks, but, Buyers outnumber Sellers 4 to 1 at Bonanzle, so I don't really buy what you're trying to sell Ponyup. 
Sorry  Toothy9
[quote author=Cuff link=topic=18964.msg74587#msg74587 date=1246970856]
Actually, BV did impose limits the last couple of years it was around, and for the usual reasons. There's always someone to take advantage when there are no rules. [/quote]

And where is Bidville now?

Quote:Some people are doing well at Bonanzle, others not so much.
Would someone be kind enough to show me who the top 5 sellers on Bonanzle are? Is there a list anywhere? Is this list populated by professional sellers or by social butterflies who spend time playing games in forums buying and selling from each other?

Quote:It's like any other site out there except for one thing, it's a phenomenon.
Yes it is and no it is not
Quote: For whatever reason Bonanzle has broken longstanding records and that's got to be an indicator of some kind.
Broken what records? Do you mean the record for having the most meaningless listings of any other alternative site where people do nothing more than upload drop shipping catalogs of tens of thousands of listings and do not bother to edit them so that they have legible titles? Or eBay sellers who import their stores into Bonanzle 5 or 6 times without bothering to come back to update the items that have already sold on eBay? Bonanzle claims to want to get rid of these trash listings and yet they include when pointing to statistics about how great they are.
Quote:Take it for what it's worth, but no other site has seen such extraordinary growth. Bonanzle has a better than average chance of succeeding just for that reason alone.
It's worth nothing. See the reasons above so we can reduce those chances to average which equates to none.
Quote:No one said a post ebay world would be easy. There's a scramble for the top. Bonanzle detractors are coming out of the woodwork, but Bonanzle's growth has not slowed down one bit.
I am not looking for "easy". I am look for a site populated by professional sellers who will attract real buyers. As for Bonanzle's growth, it appears to be an illusion.
Quote:This is a guestimate because I haven't looked for a few weeks, but, Buyers outnumber Sellers 4 to 1 at Bonanzle,
A whole four to one? Even if that were true it isn't very reassuring but why don't you show us where you get these statistics anyway? Take a look at the Quantcast Traffic Breakdown
Addicts (translation- sellers who do nothing but list on Bonanzle and play games in the forums)-
3 percent who make up 77 percent of the traffic
Regulars (people who list and forget about it)
20 percent who make up 10 percent of the traffic
Passer-Bys (people who stop in briefly and flee in horror)
77 percent who make up 13 percent of the traffic.

Quote:so I don't really buy what you're trying to sell Ponyup. 
That's because I do not sell Lemon Kool Aid. If I did I would have 20,000 people claiming to be 80,000 people beating a path to my door.

The concept of Bonanzle is a good one and I give kudos to Bill and Mark for what they are trying to accomplish but the biggest mouths in the community have turned Bonanzle into a joke which is a damn shame because the site did have potential.

I think The Boyz have 2 choices. Let it continue as it is and be the "biggest" laughingstock on the internet or burn it down and start all over with new standards on who can sell on the site and how they can sell/list. That is a hard choice but if they really want to be a true selling site in the future then that is best in the long run. As it stands right now, Bonanzle is a zoo.
I was going to reply line by line, but really, your opinion is so to the extreme that it invalidates your position.  Who gives a crap who the top five sellers are? Will that information change your opinion about Bonanzle? There are Sellers who state the exact opposite of what you do about Bonanzle... their opinion is just as worthy as yours whether they partake in the games or not. The question is, how much effort will you expend before moving on, or do you have a specific agenda where Bonanzle is concerned?

Show me ONE other site that has grown at the same approximate rate that Bonanzle has... You can't and that makes Bonanzle a phenomenon.  Occasion18
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5