TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Ebay adding Shipping Times??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
You know, since summer I've hardly listed anything over on eBay - been too busy elsewhere and also with life and in the past month I haven't listed anything there and after reading this I really wonder if I will even be going back because this one really takes the cake and every time eBay announces a new stupid change I lose more and more interest over there.

Yes, I suspect I might only be selling over once in a blue moon if even that.
Yes feebay sales sux Nat.
Wonder why???

THE BUYERS ARE NOT THERE.
message from an eBay employee:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000149154&start=304

Quote:Hello everyone,

I’m not even sure how to begin this post. Your comments, concerns and frustrations have
been heard loud and clear here at eBay – I have read almost every post they you have all
written.

Mercymaude, doublenutfudge, rejoicemusic, lehman-parker, steelerubber,
azsoftwareforless, ironchick and others – Your time
posting to the boards has been valuable and we have discussed many of your ideas at
eBay. (Post 105 now has a shrine at eBay in fact)

Many of you have expressed great concern regarding the transit times at the bottom of
your listings not being accurate. Although these times are publically communicated by
the shipping carriers, we agree that at times carriers may not match these transit times.
Sellers should not be penalized by buyers for something outside of their control as we
also sell on eBay personally, so we do understand.

Within the next week we will be adding an asterisk to the “Service Transit Time”. The *
will reference a line or two of text that will be added to the shipping details section of
eBay listings, very prominently for buyers. The exact text is being worked on right now,
but it will clearly communicate to the buyer that “Service Transit Time” is not the seller’s
responsibility, but the carriers.

Many buyers, when given a choice for shipping services, will actually spend more on
shipping to get their item quicker. For example, a buyer often times will spend an extra
$2-$5 for Priority mail over Media Mail knowing that the potential transit time could be 9
business days or longer for Media Mail. Before the change, buyers had no easy way to
know this information and would select Media Mail simply because it is cheaper.

eBay is also working hard to set buyers expectations for Service Transit time. Please see
the Frequently Asked Questions section of our new Get it Fast marketing pages located here.
These pages will be promoted in the coming weeks through onsite eBay marketing. In
fact due to your feedback, we will be changing this second landing page to set clear buyer
expectations about “Service Transit Time” early next week.

Finally, we have had this feature live on our U.K site for over 6 months. In that time
sellers who have used “Get it Fast” and handling time have not seen an increase in “Item
Not Received” complaints or negative feedbacks from buyers. We have designed this
feature with input from the experience in the U.K., numerous eBay and 3rd party surveys
of buyers, and most importantly input from select new and high volume sellers.

Adding a Domestic Handling time to all of your eBay listings will help further set buyers
expectations about when their eBay purchase will arrive. Simply choose from 1 to 20
business days when listing your item. For store owners, please see my instructions
here on how to bulk edit all of your listings quickly. File Exchange may also be
used to revise listings in bulk, as handling time is now a new column within the tool.

Quote:Within the next week we will be adding an asterisk to the “Service Transit Time

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
Quote:Many buyers, when given a choice for shipping services, will actually spend more on
shipping to get their item quicker.

Really? none of my buyers because postage is costing them enough already.

Quote:Within the next week we will be adding an asterisk to the “Service Transit Time”. The *
will reference a line or two of text that will be added to the shipping details section of
eBay listings, very prominently for buyers. The exact text is being worked on right now,
but it will clearly communicate to the buyer that “Service Transit Time” is not the seller’s
responsibility, but the carriers.

Here's his update on that asterisk:

Quote:The text that we will be adding sometime next week to the shipping and details section will include language to tell buyers transit time does not include holidays and weekends.
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000149154&start=323

So that's their magical solution? to saying a blurb about not including holidays and weekends?  Oh pulllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeze.  Why don't they just remove this carp all together.

Buyers will see the 2 days and won't bother to read the asterisk fine print.  :Smile
[quote author=amy link=topic=1531.msg5600#msg5600 date=1133644023]
Buyers will see the 2 days and won't bother to read the asterisk fine print.  :Smile
[/quote]

Exactly.

posting to the boards has been valuable and we have discussed many of your ideas at

My name in eBay lights!  Along with a pink slap from that day.  I said I worshipped one of the posters that commented.  eBay told me it was "hate speech."  What frickin' morons!!
I'm sooooooo glad I am outta there, as far as being a seller.  Now, I just rabble rouse. 
I just love this quote by antiquesbygeorge on this thread (post #14) where he says eBay should get rid of the smaller sellers "who clog up the system".

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000149179&start=0

How nice, he's a trading assistant who is listed in the eBay drop off stores directory ...which explains why he'd like to see eBay get rid of smaller sellers

Oops, did I hijack the thread.  Sorry, but I think the infamous post 105 said everything I was thinking.  :twistedevil:
[quote author=Anita link=topic=1531.msg5608#msg5608 date=1133663136]

My name in eBay lights!  Along with a pink slap from that day.  I said I worshipped one of the posters that commented.  eBay told me it was "hate speech."  What frickin' morons!!
I'm sooooooo glad I am outta there, as far as being a seller.  Now, I just rabble rouse. 

[/quote]

I wish, when they finish discussing my valuable ideas they'd take a few minutes to turn over the IP address of my hacker.

This was,  however, a first for me.    My first official recognition by a pink. 

Well, sorta.  They didn't quite get my name right.

Details.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7