TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Let the cat out of the bag, BBH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
All three of her stores are opened. 
*my ears are plugged.  ignoring all of that Vital Guy's CP comments*

Quote:undocumented addiction called "ebay seller." 

I'd call it "eBay store owner" addiction (I'm using the term "owner" only because that's the common way to refer to eBay store renters who rent a space eBay can take away at the blink of an untrained customer service rep's  eye ).  There are many people who (I think) waste too much time playing with templates and decorating their stores (and with some of them it never ends)...time they could be using instead to list inventory and sell products.

I think to some people being able to say they own a store (and tinkering with it to personalize its appearance) is more important than actually selling products.  A good example in the "off eBay world" was a certain plum loving auction site owner who was in love with the idea of being an auction site owner and being able to tell people she owned an auction site but had to be (rudely  :twistedevil: ) pushed into doing such basic and essential business tasks as writing privacy policies, terms of use, etc.

EDITED to add: I don't think "eBay store owner addiction" is a bad thing if the people enjoy themselves and get the added bonus of making a few extra dollars in the process, BUTTTTTT if they plan to build it into a business that will provide all (or most)of their income then some people might have to adjust the way they allot their resources (both time and money).
So is that what you call those replica "antiques" and made in china "collectibles" you sell on your real "big seller" ID that did a whole $2300 in sales the other month?

p.s. you really need to get over calling other sellers' items "junk". We realize you're still bitter over your failed mail order business, but that does not justify you taking your bitterness out on other sellers by calling items they sell (or items they receive as gifts) "junk"

BBH,
You ready to let the cat out of the bag yet?  Wink
Quote:You ready to let the cat out of the bag yet?

I  saw a few of his posts on Sellers Central  where he talked about his business (in between insulting everyone else on the threads and telling them they sold junk).  He's the same friendly person on every board he goes to...
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=1850.msg7295#msg7295 date=1136765112]

I  saw a few of his posts on Sellers Central  where he talked about his business (in between insulting everyone else on the threads and telling them they sold junk).  He's the same friendly person on every board he goes to...
[/quote]

At least he's consistent. Nothing I hate worse than a two-faced asshole.
Quote:At least he's consistent. Nothing I hate worse than a two-faced asshole
Obviously, it's just his form of entertainment --  reading what folks' reactions are to his nasty-threads.  They're not REALLY to be taken seriously.
BBH,
I'm so disappointed in you.  I thought you dug up some real dirt.  Smile 
I think his posts are a riot.  He is a jerk, but he sure can get people riled.  He gives new meaning to "eBay cheerleading." 
O.P.P. doesn't think he's funny:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000067619&tstart=0

Quote:Thanks postcards - where's callyanne and why haven't you answered this?

If you all are so interested in keeping us on eBay, reading nothing but Happy-Grams here on the Stores board and other boards, and sipping Kool-Aid with everyone, spill the beans here - put your money where your mouth is! You want me to dump the Beanies and the Buddies and the puzzles and the books and the PM's and all this other carp you say is making me a useless bit of humanity in your eyes - how about you belly up to the bar here and put together a free business plan for those of us who you want to criticize all the time? I'm sure, as the smart business person(s) you claim to be...
During last year's fee hike uproar callywally (as I like to call IT) appeared and said she was a buyer/eBay stockholder....now the little troll is back and saying she's a powerseller  :Smile   Tongue  Lol

I thought CallyWally said she only sells during Christmas. She also says she's an ex-Postmaster who lives on a generous pension. Just remember that next time you put a 39 cent stamp on an envelope. The Post Office runs a few billion in the red every year because of the pensions they pay out to their friendly, efficient employees (my apologies to the good ones). I guess you could say that CallyWally is Postal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10