TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Top 30: Ranked By Negative Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=219.msg8994#msg8994 date=1139314966]
Was their ASP really this high?

Selling under the name glacierbaydvd, the company was listing 10,000 - 20,000 auctions a week and was a Titanium PowerSeller with an average selling price of $20/unit.

[/quote]

No. $8 is closer to reality.  Only 5 of the first 200 completed items in this search are over $20.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Mf...istedItems&since=30&userid=glacierbaydvd&include=0&rows=50&sort=3&completed=1
The handwriting is on the wall.
This seller is just another fine example of where ebay is heading.

Not only have the smaller (and ebay only) sellers at the bay
been having a hard time making money to continue and operate
a biz in the green.

It seems that even many Power Sellers are feeling the
effects of the excessive fees ebay imposed over a year ago.

Obviously the lack of buyers to "make
it all up" in more volume sales is or will be catching up
with everyone who list there exclusively.

Funny that ebay was still able to post record profits.

I know I don't sell near as much on ebay as I did just a few a years ago.
The traffic is simply not there like it was and it apparently
is getting even worst.

What pisses me off is that ebay has known
this for quite some time yet continues down the same old road and lies
to not only the "community" but the stock holders as well.

Along the Chevron way it is it's customers who take the
beating every time ebay makes another stupid move.

But wait ebay will save us all now.
Sellers and stock holders alike.

Here comes ebay Express to save the day.

Laughing4

NOT

ebay's only goal is to make ebay money.
to ensure their bottom line keeps turning in impressive numbers.

While they rake in millions in fees off it's customers,
they simultaneously trash those same customers chances
to make a profit with every glitch riddled enhancement
and policy that further restricts free trade and drives away buyers.

If anyone reading this still thinks ebay is a viable and "vibrant"
choice to sell online full time, than they are fooling themselves.

When their bottom line slips and it will...
There is only one resource to tap into that will bring
their bottom line back up.

Your wallet or purse.

I'm glad my wallet provides less $$$ to both PP and ebay
each month and know it will continue to provide even less in the future.  Laughing7

That's more along the lines of what I'd have guessed.  (Of course, I could have always done the search myself, but I was busy making up stories about eBay in order to get pity sales from my store.)

Bargainland-liquidation conveniently states, "Shipping quotes is based on the actual published rates currently charged by National Shippers". National Shippers is probably an inflated umbrella company that allows these sellers to receive extremely inflated profit margins on shipping prices. The only reason people would buy from someone like this is because they're ill-informed (or totally ignorant and naive). They think 88% is a B+. The fact that ebay allows a company like this to rip people off continuously is a testament to ebay's disgustingly unethical way of doing business. Ebay is now dependant on sellers like such as these. This is ebay in a nutshell and that's why I have zero tolerance for ebay cheerleaders.

~Bob
National Shippers - National Shippers?
[quote author=dnc_ont link=topic=219.msg9010#msg9010 date=1139328072]
[/quote]

Yes, their website simply reeks of professionalism, doesn't it?  Ban
landofsmiles Wrote:Yes, their website simply reeks of professionalism, doesn't it? Ban

Its very professional.  Laughing7

Quote:The fact that ebay allows a company like this to rip people off continuously is a testament to ebay's disgustingly unethical way of doing business

Lets see what the BBB has to say about some of the people that get personal meetings with Meg:

Poster Boy #1 on eBay in Mutual Withdrawals: 17 BBB complaints

Quote:Consumer complaints filed with the BBB allege that this company auctions posters on eBay.com, but fails to deliver merchandise, delivers damaged merchandise, or delivers incorrect merchandise. Consumers further allege that the company forces winning bidders to insure their items, charging many times the actual cost of the product. Complainants report paying for insurance but receiving merchandise that was shipped without the purchased insurance. Additionally, consumers report that the firm's customer service department is very difficult to reach when requesting corrected orders or obtaining refunds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Liquidation #1 on eBay in Negative Feedback: 59 BBB Complaints

Quote:Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered and unresolved complaints. The company has resolved some complaints presented by the Bureau; however, the Bureau did not receive a response to other complaints. The complaints generally concern non-receipt of products, requests for refunds and product quality.

As of 09-07-2005, any complaints received are being forwarded to the Bureau servicing the area in which this company is located. For customer experience information on this company, contact the BBB of Memphis, TN at www. midsouth.bbb.org

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 59
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 25

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glacier Former #1 Feedback on eBay: 15 unresolved BBB complaints

Quote:Company
Rating
F

According to the LA BBB's rating explanation guide, a rating of F means:
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Busine...ge.aspx?sm=
Quote:F  We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

[quote author=landofsmiles link=topic=219.msg9012#msg9012 date=1139328422]
[quote author=dnc_ont link=topic=219.msg9010#msg9010 date=1139328072]
[/quote]

Yes, their website simply reeks of professionalism, doesn't it?  Ban
[/quote]

Uhh, yeah, ok.

Scary.  Why do I get the feeling it's a cheap 20,000 sq ft warehouse in the worst area of town, and the founder is the only guy working there shipping your packages??  Or is it just me?
Quote:They think 88% is a B+.

Probably, and when they see the huge "Ranked 4th on eBay" graphic they think "I have nothing to worry about".
Quote:(Update: eBay says it can't comment on why Glacier Bay is now NARU, but a spokesperson says it was eBay that took the action.)
full article: http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/t...g_techbeat
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6