TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Listings with BidPay, Cash, etc. in them are being pulled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=2445.msg8929#msg8929 date=1139241567]
I'm one of the guilty parties, but at least I've changed my templates now!

[/quote]

We changed our eBay templates yesterday too and removed the payment buttons for BidPay, PPPay.com, Moneybookers, iKobo, and PAYPAL.  We left the Visa and MasterCard buttons  Tongue

It's pretty interesting that other sellers have noted having listings pulled because of this and jayandmarie have not.

'Cause I'm thinking that they've probably even been reported a time or two.  Smileykoolaid

'Cause I'm thinking that they've probably even been reported a time or two.

Others have mentioned reporting them.  The winch that I am, I sent in a report a few days ago.  Wink

Member or Item being reported: Pompous Jay the PeSA Cowboy

Message: All their listings state that they accept Bidpay and cash for
payment.  Catherine England stated, "If a member
reports a listing containing a reference to BidPay, eBay would remove
the listing since BidPay is not an acceptable method of payment."
Will eBay be ending all of Pompous Jay the PeSA Cowboy's listings or will they get the
usual eBay special treatment?

eBay hasn't sent me a response.  I'm surprised.  tee hee
[quote author=Anita link=topic=2445.msg8931#msg8931 date=1139241743]
I don't really give a rat's behind about eBay's new and improved payment policy.  The ONLY reason I am being an asp about Pompous Jay the PeSA Cowboy is because eBay favors them so much.[/quote]

I don't really give a rat's behind whether Jay has Bidpay and cash in his listings, or puts his payment terms on graphics. The only reason I'm being an ass is because I'd like to see eBay provide a level playing field in policy enforcement whether the seller pays $25 a month in fees or $10,000 monthly in fees. 
So what kind of excuse can a full time seller give for NOT changing payment terms when they're conveniently located on a graphic?  I mean, it should only take a few minutes to revise that graphic and upload it, replacing the outdated graphic.  Then  *poof* all of your listings are automagically fixed (not eBay legal because the payment terms are in a graphic, but at least the offending language is out), regardless of whether you have 40 or 4000 auctions running. 
So what is their ID?
can't beat em may as well join the ebay narcs
and report their listing hundreds of times.

Might even make a good story for the media.
I mentioned the graphics for you, Amy, in this post:
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000078246&tstart=0&mod=1139246069782

Xpp-
Do you live in a cave????  The ID is Jay.AndMarie, without the period.
How did you know I live in a cave?  Toothy9

I remembered their ID kind of and actually found
them by looking at the worst feedback thread here.

I was just to lazy to go look them up when I asked.
But I did, and sure enough they are violating policy.

But what can anyone do about it?

Yellowtonguerazz
Heh heh heh . . .

According to Adam, if JayandMarie change their graphic NOW to reflect the no-cash, no-bidpay criteria, they are in violation on all of their sold items, because they'll now reflect a different TOS.

(Of course, they could just suck it up and start listing using a template that does NOT have their terms in a graphic, like the rest of us.)

Hijack
One (that I know of) of my posts about the dead eBay member posting was pulled.
No pink slap in the mail yet though.
:'(
Pages: 1 2 3 4