TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: March Brown Bag Lunch for eBay Stores! Thur, 3/30 at 11:30AM PDT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I only read the Stores Board hit and miss and rarely post.  The familiar faces that I enjoyed aren't around anymore. 
[quote author=Anita link=topic=3155.msg11749#msg11749 date=1143989401]
I wish I understood the rules as to when complaining is allowed.
[/quote]

Simple rules:

Non Voices members/non-eBay Live Attendees (especially sellers who advocate diversifying beyond eBay) are "negative" when they complain about a problem and should keep their mouths shut at all times.

Voices members, eBay Live Attendees, and  a few members (not all) of the Voices led SRG eBay Group (all its mods and its founder are either Voices members or regular eBay Live attendees: including hortonsbks and clact) are allowed to complain when an issue affects them.  Their complaining is considered positive.

Posting IDs of Voices members/eBay Live attendees/certain SRG members (like snowfriedbrains) are also allowed to complain when an issue affects their business .  Their posting IDs are also allowed to bash sellers who don't fit into one of these 3 groups in an effort to drive them off the boards (and then they try to place the blame for the resulting board chaos on the "negative complainers" ).  Their bashing and complaining is also considered positive.

I think that about sums up the Stores board over the past few months.

EXAMPLES OF  ALLOWED COMPLAINING BY POSITIVE PEOPLE

A. Complaining about sellers who complain: Automemories/Magazine_Guy tells Patrice "Instead of starting a thread complaining, consider spending the same amount of time working on improving your Store, or your business model. Go make some money. "

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?m...1003878446&forumID=21&x#1003878446

B. Complaining about an eBay decision by attempting to place the blame for that decision on the "negative" people is also allowed...as Automemories/Magazine_Guy does here when he blames the "negative" people for eBay's decision to reverse the search change:

This is in part the result of eBay sellers that tend to stridently complain about every change eBay makes (in this case, even a change that was helpful to Store owner's bottom line).

it was sellers who were complaining, loudly, on this board. Not sure why, but they were complaining while sales for many Store owners were going up.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?m...1004516632&forumID=21&x#1004516632
[quote author=Anita link=topic=3155.msg11765#msg11765 date=1144002477]
I only read the Stores Board hit and miss and rarely post.  The familiar faces that I enjoyed aren't around anymore. 
[/quote]

I rarely read or post there either.  I did post in a thread yesterday to voice my opinion that a couple of posting IDs on the thread should be kicked off eBay because they had made veiled threats to feedback bomb another seller who was complaining about the subcategories glitches.
Quote:Don't even SEE the old 200 rabblerousers

I used to be a rabble rouser but they bought me off with a FREE eBay Stores USB drive. Now I  Love4 eBay! Love4 and I spend my days encouraging Amazon sellers who are selling the same CDs at Amazon for 1 cent that I have listed for $5 to move all of their merchandise to eBay!  Common010

This March BBL was deleted by eBay--apparently to cover up what was said by Chris T during the BBL. 

Discussion of the deletion here:
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000332822&tstart=0

If anyone has a copy of the full BBL please forward it Smile

waterdancer

[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=3155.msg19973#msg19973 date=1154986046]
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000250311

The pinks just posted the link. :Smile
[/quote]

Headbang

Yeah, but the question remains whether this is the orginal BBL or a doctored one.  I haven't read through it.  BBH, is there any way that you can tell the date of that file on the server?  If they changed the file, it would show a later date.

And, lest we have any doubt, Brain is corporate, and he's not a grunt.  He got the BBL for me.  He left me a clue to who he is.  I need to do a little research to find his identity.  I thought he was Chris T., but he might not be.  He might be older . . . significantly.

Belle, I can't wait for you to come back on the boards!

Lynda
[quote author=waterdancer link=topic=3155.msg19979#msg19979 date=1154989416]
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=3155.msg19973#msg19973 date=1154986046]
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000250311

The pinks just posted the link. :Smile
[/quote]

Headbang

Yeah, but the question remains whether this is the orginal BBL or a doctored one.  I haven't read through it.  BBH, is there any way that you can tell the date of that file on the server?  If they changed the file, it would show a later date.

And, lest we have any doubt, Brain is corporate, and he's not a grunt.  He got the BBL for me.  He left me a clue to who he is.  I need to do a little research to find his identity.  I thought he was Chris T., but he might not be.  He might be older . . . significantly.

Belle, I can't wait for you to come back on the boards!

Lynda

[/quote]

Hey Lynda,
They gave you the link to forestall any further discussion of it, Imo. Brain is Lieworld, not ebay (his ip is lieworld) and he laughed as he admitted it in a post on the board last week. Told me his Ste. no and everything at LW---offered to take me out to dinner if I would come visit. Lifeboats saw the post, but we were the only two who did (that we know of) before he self-reported it.
IMO, stores are done. Soon. Something is going down and they aren't telling us. But one thing is very clear, your friend was right. They have decided to cut off all further expenditure of resources on stores. :blinkie:

Edited to add:
It probably was abridged. :Smile

waterdancer

Belle,

I saw that post too.  I didn't know it was deleted.  However, I thought he was being facetious, toying with you.  How on earth did you get his ip?  Can someone teach me how to do it? 

There's a sale afoot.  Whether Microsoft is the buyer, I don't know.  But it's really clear that they've been told to trim the fat or make the listings more streamlined.  I also think whoever's buying does not want the stores, only the auctions.  I think Yahoo is definitely involved and that their stores are going to be the store platform.  Whether Microsoft is buying both remains to be seen.

What I'm focusing my investigation on right now is how when stores were in search, they were included in the AUCTION numbers.  When they were taken out of search, they were removed from the total auction numbers.  I think, don't know for sure yet, but it appears that the whole fiasco with SIS was actually to pump the numbers on auctions for Q1.

And I think we need to take a close look at whether the stock prices are being manipulated for the buyback, which I'm sure will pre-date the sale of eBay.

Lynda
Lynda,

I think you presented an excellent assessment of what may very well be happening.

I do think that it is Yahoo that is the suitor in this case, not Microsoft.

I also suspect there to be some stock manipulation, not to mention cooking of the books and lots of paper shredding, along with electronic dumping.

Let's go get em! Wink

Edited to add:

The more panicky they become, the more likely they are to make lots of critical mistakes. :twistedevil:
So, to that end, we should keep applying lots of pressure on the board, be very open about it.

Btw, will message you on IP. He did self-report it within 5 minutes. He also just had Chuck banned. :blinkie:
Pages: 1 2 3 4