TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Changes to Contacting Buyers Through the Seller Account: No more email addresses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:Dear Sellers,

In the next few weeks, we will be making a change to the way you contact customers from the order details pages within the Seller Account. We believe these changes will help to increase the reliability of communication between buyer and seller at Amazon.com.

Currently, the order detail pages in the Seller Account include the buyer’s e-mail address.  With these changes, we will replace the e-mail address with a link to a contact form where you can send your message to the buyer directly via Amazon.com. This is similar to the way buyers already contact you through the Amazon.com web site.

We realize that you may need to adjust your business processes to account for these changes, so we are giving you some advanced notice before these changes take effect. You should see the changes in the next few weeks.

Thanks for selling on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazonsellercommunity.com/for...dID=116327&tstart=0
I forgot to say :nbiteme: Amazon! in my previous post.  Tongue2
[quote author=amy link=topic=3368.msg12346#msg12346 date=1144954072]
I forgot to say :nbiteme: Amazon! in my previous post.  Tongue2
[/quote]

Ditto. 

My AZ customers seem to really like that they get those nifty "your item has shipped" emails that AOB sends out for me.

So much for that.
Quote:"your item has shipped" emails

That is my complaint with this change too.
So eBay is trying to become more like Amazon and Amazon is trying to become more like eBay.  *shaking head*

I won't be sending the "shipped" emails out.  I'm certainly not going into AZ to send them all individually.

Like I / We have been saying to ALL.

GET A WEBSITE.
Whip2
I'm working on it. Smile
Really.
I'm slow . . . and I have to work around my *other* job. Smile

But, I can't foresee ever NOT selling on Amazon because of all the eyeballs - and, compared to eBay, it's relatively pain free and inexpensive. Smile
I started to list at Amazon again last week.
No luck for me there for a sale.
Maybe I should be selling natural male enhancement socks.  :blinkie:

Amazon is GREAT but still needs more eyeballs IMO.

Or maybe people at the river just don't want my carp.
(They may still think it is a BOOK site only)...

I do like the 10 cents over 1.05 feebay charges.

I put up one of my best sellers on feebay yesterday 
and decided to do the "hits" thing again.

11 hits in 24 hours. NOT GOOD.

I'd say "hey I just don't have what they want". 
BUT in the same time frame, I've had many sales at the ole website.  Thumbsup

So what am I to think about the traffic at places like ebay (we know it sux)
and even the river? (I hope it picks up for others)... Mrgreen

Quote:Amazon is GREAT but still needs more eyeballs IMO.

Or maybe people at the river just don't want my carp.
(They may still think it is a BOOK site only)...

Amazon has almost as many eyeballs as eBay but NONE of them are looking at auctions (except during November/December).  If you sell books, CDs, DVDs, etc you'll probably sell more than on eBay.  If you sell anything else (or just sell on their auctions) it ranks down there with BidVille for  sales.

Quote:We believe these changes will help to increase the reliability of communication between buyer and seller

Translation: We're paranoid that you'll steer customers to your web sites.

Quote:We realize that you may need to adjust your business processes to account for these changes

Hmmm, I already have a _com at the end of my user ID, amd a .com in my zshop name, maybe I'll adjust my business practices by adding a www at the beginning of both.  Smile
"Hmmm, I already have a _com at the end of my user ID, amd a .com in my zshop name, maybe I'll adjust my business practices by adding a www at the beginning of both."

I do NOT care, but isn't that not allowed? 
Pages: 1 2 3