TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay rewrites its Safe Payment Policy and officially Bans Google Checkout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ya gotta just love this part...

Quote:"However, since Scripophily itself makes no attempt to be a payment service, we've determined that it wasn't appropriate for them to be listed as one and they will be removed from the list - since the change is global it may take a few days for it to go live to the site but they should be removed within the week."

But they managed to move Payko to the unacceptable list within hours.  :Smile

Quote:Kerstein said he wonders what kind of due diligence eBay performed with the companies on its list of prohibited services. He said, "It certainly looks like they just added other companies to the list so Google wouldn't look like they were being singled out."

I think this just about sums it up and hits the nail on the head.
[quote author=RiverRat link=topic=4241.msg17527#msg17527 date=1152712460]

Quote:Kerstein said he wonders what kind of due diligence eBay performed with the companies on its list of prohibited services. He said, "It certainly looks like they just added other companies to the list so Google wouldn't look like they were being singled out."

I think this just about sums it up and hits the nail on the head.
[/quote]

I wonder when eBay employees go on break, if they pick the bugs off of each other... what a bunch of monkeys!

My apologies to the monkeys.
Quote:"It certainly looks like they just added other companies to the list so Google wouldn't look like they were being singled out."

In most cases.  There were a couple besides Google they viewed as threats that were added: Card ServiceInt'l was added to give PayPal's Verisign gateway an edge, NoChex was added because it's the second largest UK payment service.

Checkfree, Billpoint, and Scripophily make it obvious that they didn't bother to visit any of the websites or do any due diligence before banning or approving sites.
What a gaggy bunch of maroons.  >Sad
Another day, more unannounced changes in eBay's accepted payment policy  ;D

eBay very quietly returned NoChex to its accepted payment list a few hours ago after NoChex issued a press release that hinted at plans to bring an anti-trust complaint to the EU against eBay.

the NoChex press release blasting eBay is here: http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...374.0.html

In addition, the brain dead people in eBay's Trust & safety department finally figured out that the banned Billpoint.com domain resolved to PayPal.com - as a result all mention of Billpoint was removed from the payments policy.  ;D

Today's lists, which probably won't be tomorrow's:

USA:

Quote:Payment Services permitted on eBay: Allpay.net, Bidpay, Canadian Tire Money, cash2india, CertaPay, Checkfree.com, hyperwallet.com, Moneybookers.com, Nochex.com, Ozpay.biz, Paymate.com.au, Propay.com, XOOM

Payment Services not permitted on eBay: AlertPay.com, anypay.com, AuctionChex.com, BillPay.ie, ecount.com, cardserviceinternational.com, CCAvenue, ecount, e-gold, eHotPay.com, ePassporte.com, EuroGiro, FastCash.com, Google Checkout, gcash, GearPay, Goldmoney.com, graphcard.com, greenzap.com, ikobo.com, Liberty Dollars, Moneygram.com, neteller.com, Netpay.com, paychest.com, payingfast.com, Payko.com, paypay, Postepay, Qchex.com, rupay.com, sendmoneyorder.com, stamps, Stormpay, wmtransfer.com, xcoin.com

Quote:Payment Services permitted on eBay: Allpay.net, Bidpay, Canadian Tire Money, cash2india, CertaPay, Checkfree.com, hyperwallet.com, Moneybookers.com, Nochex.com, Ozpay.biz, Paymate.com.au, Propay.com, XOOM

Payment Services not permitted on eBay: AlertPay.com, anypay.com, AuctionChex.com, Billpay.ie, ecount.com, cardserviceinternational.com, CCAvenue, ecount, e-gold, eHotPay.com, ePassporte.com, EuroGiro, FastCash.com, Google Checkout, gcash, GearPay, Goldmoney.com, graphcard.com, greenzap.com, ikobo.com, Liberty Dollars, Moneygram.com, neteller.com, Netpay.com, Payko.com, paychest.com, payingfast.com, paypay, Postepay, Qchex.com, rupay.com, scripophily.com, sendmoneyorder.com, stamps, Stormpay, wmtransfer.com, xcoin.com.
I haven't seen any press release from cardserviceinternational.com about this.
If I was the CEO I'd be a bit pissed and threatening an ANTI TRUST suit
too right about now.

I'm also surprised that Google has not fired a warning shot over ebay's bow yet too.

We all know that millions of ebay sellers have been long awaiting some competition
in this area.

To have ebay do this is just going to create even MORE bad blood. IMO  :Smile
Quote:I'm also surprised that Google has not fired a warning shot over ebay's bow yet too.

eBay could always claim Google is banned only because Google Checkout doesn't have a proven track record yet since it's only a few weeks old.  eBay however would have had absolutely no case if NoChex had filed an anti-trust complaint because NoChex has been in use on the eBay site for 6 years (and has over 1 million members and is regulated by the UK government)...which is why eBay was forced to put NoChex back on the approved list.

I think CardService would have a very good case against eBay...
I told you guys these screwballs have been violating
ANTI TRUST laws all along.

They think they are so above the law with deep
enough pockets to thwart any litigation against them.
Seems in many instance that is the case but
eventually the money has to dry up or
the boards members will be tired of paying and paying,
especially if the revenues are really taking a bath anyway.

Of course we know quarter after quarter ebay just keeps
squeaking by some how as if a lot of really "Creative"
accounting is going on over there.

Well I'll tell you what, these types of violations
if PROVEN do carry stiff penalties and even jail time for the offending officers.
So who ever in the office at ebay who signed off and approved
these policy changes could find themselves in a lavish federal jail cell.
(One could only wish)  LOL

IF someone like CardService would pursue it.

Of course we all know how it really works.
CardService's or any other that has a proven track
record could scream foul and ebay will just put them
back on the "your good" list.

If not, well soon after a suit is filed they would settle out
of court and still end up on the "your good" list.  I would think.

Channel Advisor's CEO with another installment of his ongoing rant against eBay's Google decision:

Quote:Scripophily is a ChannelAdvisor customer, where I am CEO and has a near flawless reputation on eBay and the web.  Clearly a great merchant and an asset to eBay (Meg has evidently bought from them) who unfortunately somehow ended up getting thrown under the bus by someone at Trust and Safety that couldn't tell a payment system from one of their own sellers.

Note to Trust and Safety, for future vetting of rogue payment systems, please follow these six easy steps:

1. www.ebay.com
2. Go to advanced search
3. Click on "items by seller" on the left
4. Type in the name of the potentially evil payment system (example: scripophily.com)
5. If a list of auctions comes up, this is an eBay seller (aka customer) and NOT a fraudulent payment system.
6. If a list of auctions does not come up, you are free and clear to add the system to the "evil" list.

full article: http://ebaystrategies.blogs.com/ebay_str...ed_pa.html
Another day, more unannounced changes in eBay's accepted payment policy :popcorneaters:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6