TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Best Cart and Why
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=4559.msg19149#msg19149 date=1154350717]
Quote:If it looks to daunting I will sure be asking for help,
unless the man in me that NEVER wants to ask for directions comes out.

XPP, if you don't want to ask because your "socks" get in the way, you are welcome to ask and blame it on me.  Wink I KNOW I am ignorant when it comes to this stuff, so I'll be happy to take the giggles at my stupidity.

Just preface your questions with, "Cranky wants to know how to...." cuz I probably DO want to know how to.  ;D
[/quote]

Xp, we won't laugh. Happy001
Cranky says: Bell, a cart is a type of form that stores and then
passes on information about your specific products
when a customer hits the "Add To Cart" or "Buy Now" button on a particular
product. When enabled it also stores that data so your customer can continue to
shop and buy MORE of your products.

Zen is supposed to be VERY flexible and scaleable and it's FREE!!!  Thumbsup

The back end calculates totals and other parameters you set
like, sizes, colors, shipping or discounts etc.
You must have a data base that matches your products and other parameters you need to function for your cart to work if you host your own cart.

The cart also passes on the information to your gateway
for payment processing. VERY IMPORTANT me thinks.  Toothy10

It can pass all the information like your customers name address
items total shipping and all, (depending on the API set up with your particular gateway.
Don't ask what API stands for because I don't know... but it sounds so official LOL)  Laughing7
or it can pass on as little information as the items and totals
so the customer can continue on at the gateway to fill in their cc info and address info.

A cart is essential to e commerce whether you build your own or pay for a hosted cart.

With-out one your back in the early days of e mails back and forth in non secure
data packets. Customers DON'T want to give out all that information that can be intercepted by third parties and you sure don't want them to risk it either.

PS:
cranky_hippie why are you so "cranky" anyway?

I also hope you are a female because you sure think a lot about my socks.  :blinkie:

PSS. A shopping cart automates the ordering process
that the cute little girl with the headset used to do when my customers
would call the 800 number to order.

Personally I have better things for her to "do" than taking
orders on the phone all day and processing them via our virtual terminal.  Lol
Quote:cranky_hippie why are you so "cranky" anyway?

I also hope you are a female because you sure think a lot about my socks.

"Cranky" is a polite way of saying that I am a B*tch and proud to be one. So I guess that answers your 2nd question, too. Yes, I am a female.

You got one thing wrong though: YOU are the one who thinks about his socks too much. I just like to throw cold water on your socks!  Wink
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Not the cold water... im shrinking ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  Happy001  :oops:  Lol

Peace my sister... take a toke, hold the smoke and blow your fucking mind.  Wave

Oh and past that mutha when your done boghart.  Violent5
Quote:Peace my sister... take a toke, hold the smoke and blow your boinking mind. 

Oh and past that mutha when your done boghart.

Later, dude.  Wink I really should work for a change.  Thumbsup
Quote:We're going to be offering free installation of osCommerce, CRELoaded, and ZenCart, and other carts in August

Add CubeCart to that list too.  We'll have demos of all 4 carts up by tomorrow so you can play around with them.  The ZenCart demo will be changing day by day as we had mods to it.  We can start installing scripts this weekend.  If you want Zen (recommended)  I'd wait 1-2 weeks until we finish the modified version which will have 20+ additional mods (features).  I'll start a topic with links to the demos later today or tomorrow.
Thanks, Regic! I am thrilled.  Thumbsup
Yeah, Regic!!!  Thumbsup
This is good news and perfect timing.
I'll be waiting for zen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6