TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Best Cart and Why
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I know what your asking xppman, and I think that maybe one of those script sites might be where you'e want to look for "just a cart," but ZenCart, OsCommerce, and the others are the whole deal.  Here's a random example of a ZenCart store.  Without a lot of modification made to them, they all have this same basic layout: http://holzheimers.com/index.php
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4559.msg19849#msg19849 date=1154880418]
Well if anyone has more than an "I don't think so" answer. I would appreciate it.

[/quote]Sorry. I know I need to be more assertive. But it is open source code, which means people have probably twisted it every imaginable way, and then some.
Off topic discussion moved to its own thread.  This thread is intented for web hosting support questions.  Thanks.
Regic,

Help! Wave

Danger of information underload here.  Smileyviolin

I think I know the answers to Xp's questions, but don't want to provide bad info. Seems to be a lot of that going around without my adding to it. Smileyyellowbang

[quote author=regic link=topic=4559.msg19893#msg19893 date=1154892115]
Off topic discussion moved to its own thread.  This thread is intented for web hosting support questions.  Thanks.
[/quote]

Thank you. Smile
OK, I'm going to start reading at the beginning of the thread :blinkie: and answer XPPs questions.

[quote author=regic link=topic=4559.msg19897#msg19897 date=1154895722]
OK, I'm going to start reading at the beginning of the thread :blinkie: and answer XPPs questions.

[/quote]

Bless you, Regic. Wave
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4559.msg19723#msg19723 date=1154724810]
Well I've got the Zen cart.
Don't I need to load the program to MySQL data base on TT.
(Once I'm signed-up and have access to FTP I mean)
[/quote]

ZenCart, and the other carts all require MySQL databases but all of the programs have automated setup programs that setup the database for you.  The section below on mods applies to Zen, but the same process applies osC and Cube except the changes must be done through your hosting control panel instead of the cart's admin section.

(below is a copy and paste of what I just wrote in a PM Smile )

You can use Zen without ever learning anything about MySQL.  During installation the program automatically sets up the database--all you have to do is tell the installation program the name of your database/database password/database IP, and the installation program does the rest.

Some mods require database changes but those can be done through the admin panel--all you do is (depending on the mod) either copy and paste or upload a file through the admin and it will make all necessary changes.
I've been reading a lot about it getting an overview.
Seems like it wont be that hard at all.

I'm some what of an advance user in other areas, this is just an area
I've never explored yet and real excited to get into it.

From what I'm reading the possibilities are pretty unlimited as
to the scope of what I can do with a FREE Zen cart.
For example seems I read I can up sell
with a cart for a particular product that pulls up other items to "suggest" the buyer
add to compliment the main product / purchase.  Toothy10

Like Tiger Direct does. Go buy a mother board and it recommends
or "suggests" ram, hard drives stuff like that. right in the cart

That as well as a cost effective way to cut overhead has sparked
my interest on setting up and using my own cart on your system.

I'd probably already be there, except the old Yahoo servers don't give
you access or ability to create an My SQL data base,  just mita data.

Thanks for the info, I can't wait to get into it.
Every time I'm ready those pesky customers start ordering again.  Lol

PS I don't expect you fine TT heads to hold our hands and do it all for us,
but great to know if a Q comes up you got our backs.  Thumbsup
Quote:PS I don't expect you fine TT heads to hold our hands and do it all for us

I NEED a handholder!  Icon_scratch  :oops: :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6