TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Payment Module and Paypal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Under Enable PayPal IPN Module, what do all of these things mean?

Gateway Server
Use the testing (sandbox) or live gateway server for transactions?

Debug E-Mail Address
All parameters of an Invalid IPN notification will be sent to this email address if one is entered.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments
Do you want to enable Encrypted Web Payments?

Your Private Key
The location of your Private Key to use for signing the data. (*.pem)

PayPals Public Certificate
The location of the PayPal Public Certificate for encrypting the data.

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID
The Certificate ID to use from your PayPal Encrypted Payment Settings Profile.

Working Directory
The working directory to use for temporary files. (trailing slash needed)
http://oscdox.com/index.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=PaypalIpnOscmax
Bless you, Mandy! I found one of the other Paypal info pages but didn't find that one. You are a doll!
OK. I took a quick look and have one more question. Is the Sandbox stuff necessary? Do I NEED to do that or is it skippable?

(Of course I could be misunderstanding the whole blinkin' thing and the answer is obvious  Big Grin)

TIA
I'm not sure at all about the cart thing but I think to use any of then (PP IPN or other payment mods) you need to have an ssL certificate? Again I'm not sure.
[quote author=xppman link=topic=5211.msg23931#msg23931 date=1158767302]
I'm not sure at all about the cart thing but I think to use any of then (PP IPN or other payment mods) you need to have an ssL certificate? Again I'm not sure.
[/quote]

Join the crowd, honey! I'm not sure about anything.  Laughing7

And this guide is not always accurate, dammit. I can't get rid of Reviews on the site map even though I followed their directions....or at least I thought I did.  Big Grin
By the way, watch those PayPal orders carefully. When I was using OSC, I would end up with duplicate order numbers on some PayPal orders--and the real order would vanish from the system. I'd then stumble across a PayPal payment that I didn't recognize, in PayPal. What a mess.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5211.msg23945#msg23945 date=1158769549]
By the way, watch those PayPal orders carefully. When I was using OSC, I would end up with duplicate order numbers on some PayPal orders--and the real order would vanish from the system. I'd then stumble across a PayPal payment that I didn't recognize, in PayPal. What a mess.
[/quote]

Thanks for the headsup, Thentavius!
You don't need an SSL certificate for PayPal.

You can try skipping these parts by setting encrypted web payments to false and seeing if it works without them.

Quote:Your Private Key
Your Public Certificate
PayPals Public Certificate
Your PayPal Public Certificate ID
Working Directory
OpenSSL Location
/usr/bin/openssl
Good to know that BBH. Whne I treid the Pp mod I couldn't get it to work right. Still w Mals for now.
Quote:And this guide is not always accurate, dammit. I can't get rid of Reviews on the site map even though I followed their directions....or at least I thought I did.
I think you can turn off that in the Admin panel. under admin and then admin "the sub link" to see the boxes and thier positions.
You should be able to deactivate it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6