TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Bid-alot Still here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, its been awhile since I've made any posts here about Bid-alot... Dec 20, I posted we had 6000 members...

Taken from our stats page....

Open Auctions 12773  
Successful Sales  2597
Featured Auctions 385  
Active Verified Users 7563  
Users Online 658

So that is a gain of over 1500 members. And since these stats (users online) are live, it was taken when I started this post.

Say what you will about us, but we have stayed in there.

We are still feeding to google and froogle... always have!! Even thru all the bashing of doing it.
We are still feeding to bidfind and bidhopper... always  have!!! Even thru all the bashing for doing it!!!

We submit feeds to ooglebay and will be submitting to netshoppers.com soon...

Bash us if it makes you feel better... But WE HAVE STAYED!!! And everything we did, others are now doing.

Hi, Mojavelyn!

Reading back through most of the posts here in the Bid-A-Lot section, it seems like everyone's pretty supportive. I don't think anyone's going to bash you guys for increasingly showing improvement.  Icon_thumleft

I think the only really negative post I saw was about the sudden fee change related to stores.

I know dimview can be (and has been) negative, but he doesn't post here.

Keep up the good work. I may be revisiting some different non-eBay auction sites in the near future. Been putting stuff on Overstock (but only sold one thing in the last 30 days). I may add bidalot to my list of things to list on.

Thanks Thentavius,

The stores are free again.

Well, BarginBloodHound did have something to say after I bought something from him, about it only being seller to seller sales, when if I didn't support B-A and the sellers there first... what kind of member would I be?

And yes, we have worked hard at improving and promoting Bid-alot without flash and dash, without kissy touchy feel good hype.

Thru all the bashing and dire predictions of Dimview and his sidekick Dark Knight and some others... We Have Stayed. Oh yeah... Dark Knight predicted that Bid-alot wouldn't last 6 more months, back before Moo died.

If I remember correctly from the once or twice I saw your store... You have/had some unusual items.

Hey, we're getting someone's attention, we have been hit with a scam letter offering jobs with Bid-alot as an ebay afilliate. tried to get more info.. but couldn't, everyone knows now its a scam or should. Posted it on our boards. I was in email with one of them for a while, under my Mojavelyn email name. Took the guy awhile before he stopped answering my emails. And I'm all over the Bid-alot!

Thentavius, please don't forget the "-". No telling where you will go... bidalot.com is a French motorcycle company. BTW, how have you been?

I'm doing OK.

I went over and registered with Bidalot. It looks nice!

I went ahead and did the verifications and listed a few items. So far, they've gotten more views than the last few items I had up on eBay. LOL. I'll post a few more. I think I'm the only one selling some of these things, so maybe that will help. I do appreciate the search engine exposure the Bidalot pages get.

As for BBH's comment--that's pretty much true for any small auction site, for better or for worse. There must be a terminal point at which the buyers-only crowd outweighs the seller-to-seller crowd?
Oh yeah--I did type in bidalot.com. Got one of those weird "Search engine hits" type of pages, where the creator is looking for click-through money.

[quote author=Mojavelyn link=topic=5129.msg28625#msg28625 date=1161536243]
I'm suprised BarginBloodhound isn't all over this... He bashed Bid-alot and me for being seller to seller sales when I bought from him and all I wanted a gift for my grandson. [/quote]
Mojavelyn on October 22, 2006 Wrote:Well, BarginBloodHound did have something to say after I bought something from him, about it only being seller to seller sales

Do you have a link and a quote (I'm sure you must)  because I don't remember either one of us saying that on any board (I checked here, PSU, and OTWA) Smile  I know it wasn't said in an email because I checked and the only emailed comments after the sale last year were:

[quote BBHC #1]Thank you for the very quick payment and bid. The car will ship to your
[xxx] in the morning. I'll send you a tracking number when it ships.[/quote]

and

[quote BBHC #2]The car shipped this morning via USPS Priority. tracking #...[/quote]

EDIT: we updated the auction site traffic rankings 2 days ago and sites below Alexa rank 50,000 were removed from the recommended list...and today this quaint story surfaces.  I'm sure its a coincidence. :Smile
Rah rho  :blinkie:
Amy, the sale went off excellently, I paid immediately and you shipped immediately and we both left feedback as soon as my daughter told me that the car arrived.

It was afterward that this post was made. I'm trying to find it too. Because it just really "got to me" and it has festered. I admit that. And every time a new member would sign up just to buy... I thought about that post. Yes, there are seller to seller sales but most of our sales occur from non-sellers.

As for the update... I understand that if a site falls below a certain rating that you take an action, thats minor. I know that a lot of sites are losing alexa's. Even TT is down over 12,000. No, my post had nothing to do with that. And to be totally truthful, I didn't even notice until you said something.

Did you ever wonder why I quit posting here? Or rarely posted? 2 or 3 times in a year?

It wasn't exactly something I wanted to read after I had just bought from you.
And trust me, it does take a lot of offend me.

Bid-alot blog Wrote:Mojavelyn
Bid-alot forums Wrote:Mojavelyn
Bid-alot Support Staff

Our policy on advertising and promotional posts and threads by auction site owners, employees, and their staff applies equally to ALL auction site owners and their staff: Site and product/service announcements and promotions must be made in the announcements forums only

Further information on TulipTools advertising policies and opportunities may be found here: http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...276.0.html.

Thanks.
bid-alot stats Wrote:SITE STATS
Open Auctions 12773 
Successful Sales  2597
Active Verified Users 7563 
hibidder stats Wrote:SITE STATS
Live Auctions: 23287
Items Sold: 2479
Members: 2201

HiBidder domain creation date: 28 Jul 2005, 2479 sales (2200 members) =165 avg monthly sales
Bid-alot domain created on 22-Sep-2003, 2597 sales (7500 members) =70 avg monthly sales

My remarks on HiBidder can be found here:
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...l#msg27824

The numbers speak for themselves.
Pages: 1 2 3