TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Feature: Other Sellers’ Items Displayed on Closed Item Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I just looked and sure enough.
feebay had me opted in.
It says:
Quote:You can choose to have your items promoted with other sellers' similar items on certain eBay pages and in emails. This benefits all sellers because it gives all the items more exposure and increases bidding on eBay. 

Promote my items with other sellers' items in the following areas:

End of item notices for unsuccessful bidders 

Watch notification emails and My eBay Items I'm Watching 

WTF?????
I just went and checked cause I swear I already opted out.  What I found was I had already opted out of "Participate in cross-promotion connections" but not the "Promote my items with other sellers' items"  errrrrr.  I just fixed it and opted out but it has been promoting other sellers all this time when I thought it was already taken care of  Angryfire

I wonder how many other people thought they opted out when in fact they havent.  Ebay opted me in to this, shouldnt I be the one who has to opt in and not ebay doing it for me????

Angel  Angel7

Here's how I understand this and let me know if I have this right please!

If you opt out of "Watch notification emails and My eBay Items I'm Watching" and "End of item notices for unsuccessful bidders" then MY items (and other sellers items) will NOT show in emails at all.

So if I opt out of "Closed item page for unsuccessful bidders" and "Closed item page for visitors" MY items and other sellers items won't show either????

If I opt out of all 4 it says that "Unsuccessful bidders or visitors will NOT be directed to your listings"

So basically I have to let eBay display other sellers items, if I want my items to show?  Big Grin
Quote:I wonder how many other people thought they opted out when in fact they havent. Ebay opted me in to this, shouldnt I be the one who has to opt in and not ebay doing it for me?

Angel:
Come to think of it. I think I did that BEFORE too,  when the hoopla was about the “cross-promotion connections”.

Quote:So basically I have to let eBay display other sellers items, if I want my items to show?

Diger:
You know ebay is notorious for creating confusion. I’m surly NOT sure at all.  :blinkie:
Quote:So basically I have to let eBay display other sellers items, if I want my items to show

Yes, that's right - if you want your items promoted on other sellers' pages or in emails, you have to open your pages up to the same thing.  Its a reciprocal arrangement.
Not real sure but me thinks Dig is saying...
"So basically I have to let eBay display other sellers items, if I want my items to show?"

I think she means "her" items to SHOW in "her" closed pages. Not on other sellers pages.

I don't know, maybe she will come back and clairify. (But that's how I took it)..

As usual feebay makes it all so confusing and always for thier benifit only. IMO.

Like Angel said:

Quote:Ebay opted me in to this, shouldnt I be the one who
has to opt in and not ebay doing it for me?

Just like they Opted us all in for
all those PP logos to show up a long time ago.
Wonder how many people with merchant accounts were piZZED cause they could NOT disply thier logos too in the "venue". ebay is treading on VERY thin ice these days and if the market does not shift on it's own. (Which I know it is) Sooner or later the FEDs WILL have to STOP this run away Monopoly.
Quote:I think she means "her" items to SHOW in "her" closed pages. Not on other sellers pages.

Yes, from what I understand if I opt out then MY items will NOT show in my Closed auctions.  Is this true?  If it is it's very unreasonable and a stupid rule (and I am being polite here!).  I don't care if my items show in other sellers closed auctions.

I originally opted in for my items to show in email notifications.  If I opted out then my items wouldn't show in the emails.  It seems like I have to let eBay show other sellers items in order to show mine!  BangHead  :Smile  I remember Anita was talking about this particular issue on the stores board.

This is in My eBay - Selling Preferences - End of Item notices for unsuccessful bidders.
Now that makes sense and it sounds like you may be right.

I'm going to go look at mine again and see if that is the case.
Quote:Yes, from what I understand if I opt out then MY items will NOT show in my Closed auctions.  Is this true?  If it is it's very unreasonable and a stupid rule (and I am being polite here!).

Signs007
I think what it means is that:

Un-checking the box means that you do NOT want to display items from other sellers and that:
Your items will NOT be showcased on other sellers' similar listings Unsuccessful bidders or visitors will NOT be directed to your listings

Your items will NOT be showcased on other sellers' similar listings

Unsuccessful bidders or visitors will NOT be directed to your listings
(I guess this means FROM other sellers similar listings???)

But with ebay you are probably right. It means that if you unchecked the boxes,
your items will not be promoted at all in your eBay Pages and Emails?

I’m still confused. By design I’m sure.

Another interesting thing I just found out is this:
[Image: hmmm.jpg]

We are opted “In” and when I go to the “edit” links for the two I put in red.

You are sent to a “Sign In” page and it won’t let me “sign in” to change the default preferences.
Which as you can see are:

Participate in cross-promotions

And

Participate in cross-promotion connections

Hmmmmmmm Strange.
It won’t take my password.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5