TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Feature: Other Sellers’ Items Displayed on Closed Item Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Quote:Now I'm confuzzled again!

Smileyincoffee
I set mine up like Angel did.  Xpp's set up will work also.

I'm pretty sure.  Wink
I'm going to keep mine set up the way I have it for now.  Though I will be checking it everyday to make sure its set the way I want as things have a tendency to change all on their own over there (its such a magical place  Wink )

Angel  Angel7
[quote author=Angel link=topic=807.msg3556#msg3556 date=1129883499]
I will be checking it everyday to make sure its set the way I want as things have a tendency to change all on their own over there (its such a magical place  Wink )[/quote]

I won't be checking everyday.  I trust eBay!  2funny
Well I won’t be checking mine too often.

After the e mail I sent ebay last night they would be WISE to just suspend my feebay account.

Yep… They shut down another couple of my auctions.
NOT IN VIOLATION.

I’m so done with feebay but know the only thing that will get their attention is a 747 flying into Megs office with a BIG  Thefinger note on the nose of the aircraft.

The good news is. I’m saving a lot of money in ebay fees because they keep crediting them back to me.  Lol

And oh yea, the same goes with PayPal. My PP account looks like a ghost town since I got my MC up and running.
A few payments here and there BUT less $$$ to the machine.

[Image: pf.jpg]
Quote:Yep… They shut down another couple of my auctions.
NOT IN VIOLATION.

I haven't seen any violations in any of your listings (probably because there aren't any)

Your competitor must have had some free time this weekend and spent it hitting the submit button on the report auction form.

eBay only pulls what is reported (even if it isn't a violation), and so they overlook obvious real violations like this FAS/EA moderator with a link to FAS/EA in her eBay boards signature in over 1000 posts on the eBay Pottery,Glass board (the search engine only returns 500 results):

http://forums.ebay.com/search.jspa?objID=f75&q=ecommercearena.com

I'd like to be able to do that too, but I'm sure I would be reported. Lol

Quote:I won't be checking everyday.  I trust eBay!

I lied! I checked today when I set up the 'cross promote with other sellers' feature (the other seller I'm cross promoting with is my 2nd selling ID  Mrgreen )

Quote:I lied! I checked today when I set up the 'cross promote with other sellers' feature (the other seller I'm cross promoting with is my 2nd selling ID 
Laughing4
[quote author=xppman link=topic=807.msg3724#msg3724 date=1130205491]
Quote:I lied! I checked today when I set up the 'cross promote with other sellers' feature (the other seller I'm cross promoting with is my 2nd selling ID 
Laughing4
[/quote]

I said no to the cross promote with other sellers too
Update:

Quote:***Update: Other Sellers’ Items Displayed on Closed Item Pages*** 

August 17, 2006 | 10:52AM PST/PT

Next week we're modifying the information we show buyers who come to eBay directly from an off-eBay site and land on a closed item page. When this happens, we will show similar active items from other sellers -- including their Gallery photos -- at the top of the page. Active items from the seller who listed the closed item will still be displayed directly underneath this section.

This change will help new buyers who come from outside eBay and are often confused about how to find active listings that match what they were originally looking for on other sites.

Sellers, please note: If you have Cross Promotion Connections set up with other sellers, those items will continue to be the only items displayed. Also, as before, you may opt out of this program. Doing so means your closed item pages will not display similar items from other sellers, nor will your active listings appear on other sellers' closed items.
including their Gallery photos

That's the only thing that's different here.  Closed items have had the other seller's stuff on them for a long time -- unless the seller has opted out.  I always have done that, as I don't like it.  Stinky policy..........
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5